Ok, after priming the car, I put a coat on the roof. The area I chose on the roof will be covered with vinyl, anyway, so it makes a good practice area.
First coat, shot 1
First coat, shot 2
First coat, shot 3
First coat, shot 4

I got the impression that using a coat of white primer under the paint (which is a spot-on match for the original paint) makes the color a lot more briliant. The paint seems to be laying down nicely, and in about a week, I'll come back and put a second coat on it...after that, I'll sand it with 400, wipe with MS, and give it a third coat. A week later, fourth coat. Then in a week, sand with 600, wipe with MS,...two more coats, and a final sanding with 1000, a wipe with MS, then wax. I'll post pics as I go.

Also, FYI, the small amount I mixed up (about a 2/3 cup), was enough to "cut in" the area around the windshield twice and also to cover half the roof...the part from the windshield back to the chrome molding studs. I can see that if I'm going to cover the entire car in the same shade, I'm going to have to mix up a LOT of the same color.

BTW, here's a shot of the whole car:
Body in primer, 1

And another shot:
Body in primer, 2

The blue stripes are actually painter's tape, put on there because I wanted to see what it looked like with white and blue detailing. Yes, I know, it's ersatz...which reminds me.

Anyone know what is the correct strobe pattern for an SSP? I see that there are two types of patterns in the 71-72 B-Body Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX: 9 stripes and 6, thicker, stripes.