I have been reading for a while... Currently working nearly everyday on painting my truck.

I have learned alot during the project and hope to contribute knowledge to the thread and get advice for my project.

HERES HOW IT LOOKED WHEN I GOT IT:

LATEST PIC:

5th coat on the bed panel. I am still getting orange peel, I will try to thin the mix a tad bit more, but it is a pretty this consistency.

When I started the project I was using this:
http://www.homedepot.com/Paint-Tools-Sup...catalogId=10053

I would avoid this product at all costs and the difference between this and normal "odorless" mineral spirits is night & day.

first difference is that the spirits are WHITE in color. I could never get a properly thinned mix, it always maintained a thicker consistency and when I did get it thin the paint completely lost it's shine. In comparison the coats with the "green" mineral spirits were much duller. I was always scratching my head to why, well now I know.

Also, for the brushes & paint trays I found the best place is Wal Mart, they have multi-packs of foam brushes for $1.50, which is great & 3 packs of roller trays for 1.50. The trays also seem a little thicker and tougher than the white ones I was using previously.

Last edited by LO619; 01/15/10 12:41 AM.