Thanks for the link v8mirage ... and I too don't like the way they riced the front springs, at least they did the rear correctly ... or is it called old schooled the springs???

That omni should be a sleeper ... put a Hemi in it .... something like the Hemispherical 1.8T VW/Audi engine with huge injectors and a t4 turbo. Some of the Omni's did come with VW engines years ago I heard ... hope it wasn't an urban legend.

Now ... for the paint related part ... I see so many people asking how much MS to Paint ... I read that Aussie Driver used a Zahn cup ... or at least a less expensive one. I found one online which fits our budget ... Way less than the $100+ for a Ford 4 or a Zahn 1 to 5. This is not the cheapest one I have found, but the site also has a chart to show you how their cup reads compared to the Ford 4, some of the Zahns and some others ... the price listed is not correct, it is now $5.20CDN. http://www.lemmer.com/ViscChrt.htm
I plan to order one, Aussie Driver, is this similar to the one you used. I think if we use these we can get a better messure of how thin the paint is without having to figure in temp and humidity which varys from day to day and region to region.