Mike,
Thanks for the feedback ...I currently have sandpaper grits 100/150/220/320/400/600/800/1000/1500 and will get 2000 grit when I get a chance. About the 1/4" nap roller ...I surprisingly got much better results with that roller than I had with the other panels I have done with just m 4" High-density foam sticks. What I did was roll it really slow and with my other hand smooth it out further with the foam sticks. I did this with the large parts (hood and roof). A couple of days ago I sanded the other parts of my truck with 320 grit and removed all wax with acetone before that ...then mixed a much more thin mix of rustoleum with mineral spirits and went really quick all the way around. I think I may even worked too fast because spots would run in places and I had to move all over the place. When it dried, I ended up with tears and the coat wasn't anywhere as thick as my first go ahead with crappy results ....I plan on sanding these parts in prep for my second coat with 400 grit, wetsanding it ....any tips/tricks or help I would greatly appreciate it from anyone .....