Quote:

Well I’m new here, I don’t even know how I got directed to this website but is pretty awesome, I have an 88 dodge Dakota that I’d like to paint, I started reading the 200 page long post but its way to much info for one day, anyways I bought all the supplies i think I’ll need to paint the truck, i sanded the hood today will prep it with bondo and paint the firs two coats tomorrow,
I chose rustolium royal blue has anyone tried that paint? Any ideas before I have at it?
?

I have a sort of light-blue (B5) on my 1972 Plymouth SSP. I tried to get a quart of Royal Blue and a cup of White, and thought I could simply lighten the Royal Blue with some White to get the light-blue color on my SSP.

Guess what: Royal Blue is actually a combination of dark blue and maroon. When I lightened it with some white, it turned into a sort of faded purple shade. In retrospect, it makes sense, since what is the favorite color of royalty? Maroon...maroon crowns, maroon capes, etc, etc.

I think my next pick is going to be a gallon of Safety Blue, and I'll ad the Royal Blue to that to darken it, if need be. Or black, or something.

BTW, after sandpaper, sander, and a few experiments with paint, this project has exceeded $50. (Just sayin'.)