Quote:

I rolled on and got this......I think I might have made a mistake by repeatedly rolling over the paint after it started to dry. There are tiny bubbles but no runs and some orange peel which seems to be normal.

1st, I think that you need to thin it way more than 20%. The paint doesn't look "wet" like mine did. I thinned around 50% to the point that it looks almost like water. Like I said in an earlier post, I over thinned it and it turned out really smooth, however it didn't have enough black to cover everything and it looked cloudy up close.

2nd, You have to continue to roll the paint lightly until the bubbles start to work out, almost to being tacky. Then get off it. If the orange peel doesn't level itself out then one of two things: 1) not enough paint was put on -or- 2)not thinned down enough

I ran the roller all sorts of ways and it looks great.

Quote:

I am wondering if the wet sanding will take care of this, does the direction of how you roll seriously matter, and did you get lines in the paint due to paint collecting on the edge of the roller.

I ran the brush all sorts of ways and it looks great. You get lines and bubbles on the first few passes, but then they are gone when you run over them time and time again, different ways. You paint a house the same way.

Wet sanding will fix all issues if you sand it long enough.

That is just my 2 cents.

- Darrin

http://home.comcast.net/~SpokaneHotRod/Darrin_vette/vette_main.html

3625109-coat5f.JPG (212 downloads)