I have waited a bit over three months to do the final wet sanding and detailing on the car. I've mucked around with the hardtop and some other stuff before (and before my accident last year after which I had to re-paint it all again...).

I'm starting with the hood and so far I have spent about 5 hours wet sanding it. I started with a very gentle 1200 sand, basically just to get the crud off the paint and to get through the worst of the orange peel.

Then I spent a couple of hours with 1500 just going really slowly and doing a section at a time until I was happy with the result.

The last couple of hours were spent on some quality time with some 2000. People have mentioned before that the paint starts to get a shine just from the 2000 sanding. You can see what they mean by the pic below.

Once I have finished the detailing of the hood I will post some more pics showing each stage of the process. By then my holidays will be over so I'll then have to try and do a panel per weekend until it's all finished. So I hope that I can avoid women in 4x4's for another couple of months....