Quote:

Quote:

Okay something interesting came up. As you know I finished my Civic back on page 14 (June 21, 2007).

I've let my car soak in the hot heatwave ever since and today the 28th, I decided to give the car a wash because it was collecting lots of dust and had some bird poop on it.

Before I washed I noticed 3 poops on the car. One was on the hood, passenger door and drivers front fender.

Okay @ the end of my wash I noticed that the poop I thought was there was gone wasn't...The poop was indeed gone but I think the paint "flared"...Its soo weird. That spot looked like a small dent where you would use touch up paint. A small gash in the door panel.

I tried peeling the thing I thought was poop away. It moved. I think my nails scratched past the paint.

So weird eh? I hope I dont get anymore of these cracks...

After I finished I didnt think too much about it because I figure its gonna be gone once I wetsand the car...So it should be a thing of the past.

hmmm

Car is shiny again though after wash

bird poop is really bad, basically you painted your car 8 days' ago correct??? It takes about a month before the paint is "cured" and i find after 3 months it's rock hard. Durring the first month, you should avoid leaving bird poo on the paint durring a heat wave, that's gotta be the worst thing you can do to any car that has just been painted!!!! bird poo can even ruin old auto paints in the conditions that you have, i had a pickup truck, 2000 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton, and it was midnight blue, and a bird shat on the hood. I whiped it off about 2 hours later (it was really hot out) and the factory paint came right off, and it actually eched the primer under the paint. The right bird, and the right poo can really do bad stuff.

Ah crap. I should have taken care of the car more then. I had no idea how bird poop could peel off paint. Darnit. I guess you live and learn. That was a new experience for me.

I will wash the car regularly then. I am going to baby the car better. Probably will make it a routine to wash the car every week to prevent this stuff from happening.

After I wetsand in a month, it'll be gone because its not a big gash. Its like a small stone chip size...