Quote:

If you are using Turtlewax to do your buffing then you will need to buff it pretty much for ever before you can get a decent shine out of it.

If you use a decent orbital polisher (like a PC7424) together with some decent cutting compound/swirl remover then you can achieve spectacular results pretty quickly.

The pic below is of my hardtop that I painted with Brightside Gloss Black, wet sanded and then did two passes with my orbital polisher using a cutting pad and Poorboy's SSR3 cutting compound.
There is no reason why you can't achieve similar results if you use 'proper' polishing equipment and a good cutting compound/swirl remover like the Poorboy's.

I was indeed using the Turtle wax white compound because I was trying to follow 69charger's instructions to the letter. It is working, I can see some improvement, but like you said it looks like it would take another 20 applications to get the results I want.

I have a compound made by AutoMagic called PowerCut Plus. It sounds and physically looks identical to the Poorboy SSR3 - same color and everything, and when I do a search online for SSR3, it has the same description for use. I'll give that a try today.

Quick question - Poorboys instructions say to follow up the use of SSR3 with an application of SSR1. Did you do this to get your results? Should I follow the SSR3 / Power Cut Plus applications with an application of the Turtle wax polishing compound I was using or should I buy the AutoMagic equivalent of SSR1 (which is called Gloss Restorer in their terms) and use that.

....or do I just leave it alone after the SSR3 application?