Hey everyone hows it going, I'm real glad I found this forum board.

I have a question that I need answered if possible guys. I found out about the roller method paint job which is what I am currently doing to my 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Single cab, I've done alot of research and reading all over the boards on this method.

I'm repainting the whole car but I'm currently working on my Tailgate at the moment. I sanded down the factory clear coat with 60 grit sandpaper until it was all off. I then went up with 180 grit, 220, 400 and I believe I finished with 800 if not mistaken.

Heres the deal, the Tailgate was nice and smooth after I got done sanding it, I cleaned it off with Mineral Spirits and let it dry before applying the first coat of Gloss Black Rustoleum (the tailgate is white). I didn't apply any primer so I applied the Black Gloss mixed nicely, the Black coat came out nice with no runs or orangle peel at all but my problem is I see sanding marks and swirls after it got done drying.

I'm worried because I'm not sure if those sanding marks will stay visible through the rest of the coats and wet sanding.

So please, what should I do at this point? Like I said, I only have the first light Gloss black coat on that has been drying for 2 whole days now. Thanks!