Quote:

Quote:

What kind of foam brush are you using BTW? Simple generic kinds?

I am using this foam roller...I saw someone else use it so I think it should be okay?

At various points during my painting I also made use of a simple foam brush for doing the bubble popping sweep.

At Home Depot and Walmart they sell these grab bags of cheap foam 'paint brushes' They look like a dowl stuffed into a piece of black foam, that is shaped like a paint brush. They had 3/4 inch, 2 inch, 3 inch and 4 inch foam brushes all packed in these assortment bags.

I used the 3 inch and 4 inch to do the bubble popping... because they did a better, less lines or streaks, then a bristol brush.

BUT I stuck with my high density foam roller to lay the initial coats - and then followed it up almost immediately with the foam 'paint brush' to do the bubble popping and quick surface leveling.

Later I also did the two high density foam roller trick when I ran out of the cheap foam 'paint brushes'...

One handy thing about those cheap foam 'brushes' is that I was able to poke and prod them into some spots where the roller could not go. I would hit those crevices first with the appropriately size foam brush.. and then smooth out the edges with the roller. I hope that makes sense... use the foamies to paint any hard to reach spots on a panel... then proceed with your rollering of the rest of that surface second - in order to blend in the paint between the edges of the crevices and the rest of the panel.

But I think plum5000 actually stated that he used those foam brushes to paint his hood?