Quote:

Quote:

Looks good frank... which paint and color are you using?

It's Ace Hardware's Rust Stop and the color I got is International Blue. I went down there because I read somewhere that they could color match. I wanted a good "Ford Blue" and this one seemed a good match and was one of the pre-made colors.

Quote:

My question is, how much paint will I need to do my 86 1/2ton Ram?

I bought 1 gallon for my 1997 F-150 and I may end up using half of it or maybe two thirds. I'm not painting the bed because it has a Line-X spray-in bedliner. The gallon of Ace's Rust Stop was $18.99

Quote:

frank1380 , what Polishing compound are you using? and what orbiter?

The orbital polisher I bought is the Porter-Cable 7424. It was the budget blower as it cost me upwards of $150. I'm sure you can get a less expensive one. The polishing compound I bought is the SSR2.5 made by Poorboy's World. But I may end up getting the SSR1 to finish it as it still has some scratch marks in it. I bought the polisher and the compound from Autogeek.net. They also have a couple of good tutorial videos for polishing that I found very helpful.

I'm still updating my little page with the progress on the rest of the truck.

http://www.knology.net/~guywithalaserbeam/paint.html

Personally I would pull all the badges. If you are going to go through all the work, might as well do it correctly. Usually they held on by double sided tape. Can be removed with a heat gun, hair dryer, or take some fishing like and cut it off first.

Also might as well pull the bug deflector.

Brew