Quote:

Quote:

hey Marq, this is Horace the hate bug

I like the scarab effect on the hood... but the 'cloth over the hard top and the small side window portholes looks kind of yukky...

I would say the most dangerous thing about that layout of "Horace" is that it must be a nightmare to drive because of all the blindspots. It basically blocked out all visibility outward from the driver and passenger rear quarters. And what is even funnier is the driver wearing the aviator flight style goggles... which wipe out any peripheral vision of the driver. If the driver actually wears them when driving.. it must be like 'tunnel vision' where they can only see straight ahead...

It reminds me of the old 70's Mustang Fastbacks.. where the main reason they ended up in auto-wreckers is that they were constantly getting hit in the rear left and right quarters - BECAUSE the drivers could not see through the blindspots created by the rear pillars that formed the 'Fastback'.

I liked the agressive tires on Horace... beatles always looked cool with meaty wheels..

lol, the funniest part is the whole car its self was not...thought out very well. In the old build pictures you can see that the fenders and other stuff are a bunch of differant colors. I found out that it was acctualy peiced together from at least 6 differant bugs they found in various junk yards. Every time they would do a driving sceen they would have to replace somthing. The cloth top was put over the vents under the rear window which play a major part in cooling VWs, so it would overheat really badely in the driving sceens. The holes on the side of the car for the molding strips they filled them by putting aluminum tape over them and cheap bondo. The guy who owns it says he basicly had to redo the entire electrical system, replace the motor, the whole front suspension and alot of other stuff just to get it road worthy!! The only well done thing on the whole car was the cloth top!

it still has the bad paint job and body work on it, but its going to be redone pretty soon. The funniest thing is this car is this guys daily driver!!!

on the other hand the 6 Herbie cars used for the movie were compleatly restored from the ground up

a car is never "done"