Quote:

I have been thinking about painting the top of my suburban with Rustoleum paint using a brush. I would be doing the job in a carport.

I would thin the paint with mineral spirits to get a longer wet edge and use a natural bristle brush.

Have you read anything in your old books that would be of interest?

The top is not that visible if it does not work out.

Are their any other threads here that discuss use of a brush?

Thanks

I've painted a bunch of the inside of my car with a brush, and also tried testing on a couple of fenders. It actually works pretty well. I didn't thin it at all, but you might want to experiment with it. Use a good brush...I was using a Purdy professional 2.5", with fine bristles. After brushing the paint on, I went over the spots with a lot of lines again (very lightly) with the brush and got most of the lines out. Without wet sanding, it's a good 10 footer. Any lines that are left can be wet sanded out just like any other paint defect. Just use a block to keep it flat. FWIW, I found that I could get complete coverage in just one or two coats of paint, instead of 8 or 9 rolling. The downside is you'll probably spend a lot of time sanding out the lines unless you can get them out when painting. The paint film is a lot thicker when brushing, so it might take longer to dry. That wasn't a problem for me since I was using hardener though.

It works fine...just haven't been that many people who've experimented with it here.