Quote:

Quote:

Just asking the questions that anyone would want to know before jumping on a project like this, PLUS w/the info I might be able to shut the nay-sayers up a little..

The debate about whether it is viable or BS ended with the July 2007 issue of HOT ROD magazine - that put the paint and roller to the test on a project Falcon. It passed their test and there are about seven or eight pages of THEM doing the process with results that surprised even them.

The debate ended there. Anyone who wishes to BS the process is either :

a ) works at a paint shop ( obvious vested interest and a hidden agenda behind their comments ) or...

b ) someone who has tons more money than most of us and who thinks nothing of tossing $2000 to $5000 at a paint shop to do the work for them.

Marq

I think the debate will now morph into: it'll fade in six months, it won't hold up to the weather, it'll start peeling off in a year when you go to the carwash, etc.

The Hot Rod article proved the process is legit, but the naysayers are going to find some other reason to still think its BS. (For the reasons you mentioned above).

We all know that the longevity of the paint is not really an issue (and hey, if I have to do it over again 3 years from now for another $50, so what.)

I think it will take another two or three years before this really becomes an acceptable concept. With the HotRod article, I bet there will be a LOT more people doing this over the next year.

As the word spreads among non-internet people, and more and more rolled cars start showing up at car shows, it will eventually gain acceptance. Particularly when we get to the point in time where its common for people to say "yeah, I rolled it, two years ago. Still looks great, eh?"