The car was completely apart and was built from scratch using whatever spares and extras I had so its not a 'survivor' or barn/garage kept little-old-lady-car. I decided to paint it with a roller and Rustoleum because I thought it would be the perfect car to try this technique on. The paint-job was labor-intensive and there were many times I regretted doing it this way because of time constraints. However, there were also many times I painted at night or during poor weather when I could not have sprayed. The painting really was not a problem, it was the wet sanding between coats that proved to be the time killer. The paint has held up reasonably well in the last year. There are some chips and its VERY easy to scratch. There are many areas that did not have complete coverage, probably also due to me rushing the job near the end and not really applying as much paint as I should have. Where the paint gets sandblasted from road grit, it wears away quickly and surface rust forms. This car was driven in the winter in the snow, slush and salt spray and those 'thin' areas show up fast. Overall, its a good-looking car from a daily-beater point of view but there is no way I would claim 'show-finish' or 'professional results' from this technique. The advantages are clear: I did not have to breathe isocyanates in or build a booth for spraying and its dirt-cheap. The dis-advantages are also clear: time-consuming wet sanding and rolling and relatively 'soft' paint. It's pretty cool when someone comes over to admire the car and I tell them I painted it with a roller and Rustoleum!!