Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts General
09/19/19 12:54 PM
Well, it looks like I am the exception so far. I would probably have gotten rid of most of the parts that I have if it weren't so much trouble to do so. I don't have any immediate plans to sell the Cuda, but my son isn't that interested in it and I can see the day coming where I just don't want to work on it anymore. Driving it is still a joy, but I do not look forward to working on it like I once did. I am one major break down away from Mopar retirement.
10 199 Read More
Moparts General
09/19/19 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by skicker
Looks like there might be some type of a lowering block too on top of the springs...

And about a 10 leaf spring to boot. Nothing like 3/4 ton truck springs in your 55. whistling
3 359 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Racingjunk / WIW
09/19/19 12:50 PM
More often than not most that end up upside down do so by paying others to do any and sometimes everything...

My 70 Satellite was bought with a 68 Coronet 440 H/T as a package deal on both cars for $2,000 in 2007.

Sold the Coronet for $2,000 and kept the Satellite.

Sold the extra parts that came with it for another 800.00 and I had a car and 800.00 cash to start building it...

Roughly $16,000 and 3 years later I had a running driving car that has had over 20,000 miles put on it and supplied 10 summers of fun...

Most of the initial 16K came from buying and stripping about 12 cars and selling those parts...

The Dart was nearly the same as 2 cars were bought...one fixed and 1 parted out...

Another parts car supplied the V8 K frame and disc brakes while also donating the dash pad and a ton of bolt on parts...

I already had a lot of the parts needed for it and the total cost after the paintwork was less than 15K...

There has been 4 summers of fun thus far with it along with a couple trips to the track...

I'm not upside down on either one if they were to be sold tomorrow...

Before and afters of each sitting in front of my "Junk Yard"...
39 1,512 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
09/19/19 12:46 PM
This site has been a good learning tool to me.
18 737 Read More
09/19/19 12:44 PM
Get any free samples? I still have 1 Griner brake under the bench. I should liquidate some of this stuff. Good unit for sure!
1 80 Read More
09/19/19 12:40 PM
Went back thru some notes and Dwayne did say my spring pressures look good for 7000RPM. Someone else said they thought they were light. If they are what i was told they look good to me, but need checking for sure. I like the LSM tool for checking seat pressure on the head. Which pressure is most importance, the seat or the open?
20 537 Read More
Transport Services Wanted/Offered
09/19/19 12:32 PM
I will be leaving very early Monday morning heading down to Charlotte with two cars for Bill. It looks like I will have a little room in the box on the way down and still empty returning home to CT with the 27' box truck and an open trailer.

Dave
860-460-1820
2 45 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
09/19/19 12:24 PM
It a 2010 dodge 1500
2 128 Read More
Moparts General
09/19/19 12:13 PM
Not surprised yer battery shopping already - those craftsman branded batteries are just plain crap. A few years back I bought a 19.2v leaf blower and a 19.2v hedge trimmer. Both came with a battery and one of them came with a charger. Both the batteries were useless in under 6 months. Surfed the bay, found some unbranded chinese crap for cheap enough to roll the dice and several years later it's still going strong.
3 130 Read More
Moparts General
09/19/19 12:06 PM
The original Google Pixel XL that I bought reconditioned for $230 is still impressing me.

I bought a $22 Otterbox Defender case for it and signed up for the $15 per month Mint Mobile 3 GB plan that buys time on TMobile. These OG Pixel XLs are now down to about $150.
Very good camera. Good WiFi calling that uses very little battery.
Easily creates a WiFi hotspot for other devices.
Google has made The new Android 10 available for this old phone but I am waiting another two months before installing it because Android 9 Pie is working so well at present.

Accubattery says my year old battery is still at 98% capacity but I suspect it is really 88%, but that is adequate for 2 days of my use.
I rarely charge past 72%.
I wish the battery was 5000 ma-hr rather than 3450 even if that made the phone slightly thicker.
I wish there was an external antenna jack.

I have several relatives that always update to the newest iPhone and they regularly offer to give me their old phones.
I am typing this on an iPad Air2.
I have been using Macs since 1990, all Windows versions since original PC, Linux since 1994, etc.
22 504 Read More
09/19/19 12:04 PM
What happened to Orig poster? I thought he was "thinking about" switching to a B1?
11 844 Read More
09/19/19 12:03 PM
Try these guys, $6 for gasket 2 pack, $5 for shipping. Grab some bowl O-rings while yer at it.

https://quadrajetparts.com/carter-thermo-quad-carburetor-c-299_158.html
10 223 Read More
Moparts General
09/19/19 11:39 AM
In many areas people are confined to one provider of true HIGH SPEED internet service. I have Spectrum internet only. Its not cheap at $70 per month but it always works and never buffers. I watch TV strictly thru Netflix HULU and a slew of free internet channels. Get my local news via TV antenna, online and old fashioned radio. Everything you watch currently can be had over the internet cheaper via a ROKU or Fire Stick plug in devices. Then there are no more TV boxes and 19 minutes of commercials per 60 minute show.
10 288 Read More
09/19/19 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Stanton
Just wondering about the possibilities of plastic high performance intakes. Unlike aluminum intakes where the sand molds take a lot of time and labor and the castings have to go through a machining process, plastic products come out of the molds pretty much "ready to ship" and the production process is much faster. The big expense is the finely finished molds.

You can budget for an easy $700k+ for injection mold tooling on that.
10 597 Read More
09/19/19 11:00 AM
If I understand the ownership structure correctly, Charlie is co-owner with the original Hipster guy. I have no idea who posts on YB, though.

One of the comments during our conversation was about another trans shop about an hour away from me whose name also starts with "AT...". My wife's cuz said they basically ripped off one of ATD's designs, made some minor/insignificant change and advertised it as their own innovation. I'm guessing they don't send each other Christmas cards.
7 309 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
09/19/19 10:58 AM
[Linked Image]

It was 1991 and Kori Alexander was cruising around Alberta in a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340. While out cruising one day, he found himself driving through a local trailer park. “I was making my way through the trailer park when an old Dodge pick up caught my eye,” says Kori. He stopped to investigate and quickly realized the truck was actually a 1978 Lil’ Red Express.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 10 Read More
09/19/19 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by John Brown
Whenever I did that kind of thing, I would lightly pump the brake pedal tiny strokes over and over again until the bubbles quit coming up in the reservoir. Nine times out of ten, it was fine doing it that way.

I got out all the bubbles bench bleeding the new master cylinder.
Just want to pop out the old one and put in the new one without having to start bleeding the drums.
Can it just work with just the bench bleed?
3 69 Read More
09/19/19 10:47 AM
For sure, i understand the reasoning behind running that crank. Seriously though, wide main clearance will go along way to keeping the block together with it. Diamond, and bill miller are top blower pistons in my mind.
15 566 Read More
Moparts Truck , Jeep & 4X4 Forum
09/19/19 09:43 AM
If you're ends can be removed, pull them and check thread size and direction. Measure the stud diameter at the big and small ends and the distance between them. Also need length from center of stud to end of the threaded end.

Older Moog catalogs had dimensions listed, they might have them on their website too.
7 127 Read More
09/19/19 09:23 AM
~Fresh Paint

And no extra charge for painting the door weatherstripping.
1 73 Read More
Moparts E Body
09/19/19 08:33 AM
Project car in process up for sale.

++’s
-First Year, Solid Body, High Impact, SE Trim
-Have all unique parts, 4-Speed Setup
-Vin/Tag/Title.Stampings, Original dash pad.
-4-Speed Setup F/R Swaybars
-HD OEM Springs Frame Connectors
- 440 Short Block
-Have all unique/trim parts.
-Early Production

--‘s
No A/C, Column Shift,SB Motor

For a Conv. Needed well below par wrt sheetmetal work.
Started as a complete car with water seized pistons.
The more tedious/time wise metal/body work completed
Have a file with parts acquired over the years, plus those
targeting the upgrade to a BB 4-Speed setup.
So far have accounted for $3k-5K.
From the onset, keeping as much orig. metal was objective.
Most of what hasn’t been painted was left bare for review.
Hardly any, if no body filler was used to date.

Car is priced below initial cost plus all the extras; excluding all labor cost.
Motivated/Knowledgable Seller; having owned e-bodies for many years.
So please no replies with I shoulda’ coulda’ woulda’ wrt car.
It is as you see it today. Where it finally arrives is passed to next owner.
Clear PA title in my name.
$16K including extras if desired/needed.
I had a post here earlier with most details, but seems it's been deleted
13 8,033 Read More
09/19/19 08:30 AM
Thx all! Seller refused my offer of 40K. Sounds like 35-38 is the value. Maybe he will come down if it doesn't sell. Tom
9 272 Read More
09/19/19 07:19 AM
Do you have any updated pics of this?

Also is that the ZF/cherry sensor?
5 650 Read More
09/19/19 06:26 AM
Did you test the pickup coil in the original distributor?

How did you connect the Unilite? It does not require the Mopar ignition amplifier box (the thing you call the ECU?), it just gets power, ground, and has an output to the coil. If you connected it as you would a Mopar distributor, yeah, it could burn up.

The alternator might not have liked getting reverse polarity, either.
1 101 Read More
09/19/19 05:01 AM
I run into those caps, seems after a couple of winters the salt gets under the stainless and the corrosion swells them. I just split the cover and use an 18mm 6 point. Each car has a cheap breaker bar with both sockets.
8 777 Read More
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 39 40
Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Moparts Newest Topics
Kori Alexander’s 1978 Dodge Lil’ Red Express
by Rustymuscle. 09/19/19 06:58 AM
Help---Mystery problem !!
by 493_DART. 09/19/19 12:57 AM
1965 C body power to manual steering conversion?
by DusterKrazy. 09/19/19 12:34 AM
Moparts Recent Posts
WIW 68 Coronet Florida back 40 find
by skicker. 09/19/19 08:50 AM
Baby Steps Progress Report
by mopar dave. 09/19/19 08:46 AM
New Griner brake being tested tonight
by J_BODY. 09/19/19 08:44 AM
Valve spring pressures and testing
by mopar dave. 09/19/19 08:40 AM