Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
10/27/21 06:48 AM
Ok...thanks.
Nervous about changing the heads....nothing seems to ever fit with changing more than bargained for.
Had to modify the 5209 to fit...move 1 tube...ain't doing that again...
5 194 Read More
10/27/21 06:44 AM
Any time slips to look at yet?
If so what are the 60 ft. times now compare to before?
6 313 Read More
10/27/21 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
99 Hemi and be done. Would have to make a "cast" intake but HP goal would be met and exceeded.

Yeah, tooling up a cast intake would cost less than trying to make some other combo work. Shouldn't be much more difficult that figuring what really works and then making a pattern. Although I'm not sure how well supported the 99 Hemi is anymore. Might be a struggle to find parts.

The 99 Hemi isn't a wedge head either as specified in the OP, never mind the intake. I don't think the Predator head would be considered a wedge head either would it?
38 2,221 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/27/21 05:04 AM
Is he selling off the cars?
14 1,034 Read More
Corners Are Best - Handling Tech
10/27/21 05:02 AM
Thank you. I am enjoying the journey.
71 36,955 Read More
10/27/21 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by AndyF
I don't have any flow data but I have enough dyno data to know it works better than anything else on the market. The Victor is a close second but not quite as good. A 4500 intake will make more power if the engine needs a 4500 carb.

AndyF, Not to steal this thread but how does the 337 manifold compare assuming the ports were matched ?
11 601 Read More
10/27/21 04:24 AM
That is what I think a big intake should look like. I've never figured out why Indy doesn't cast them that way. Must be something that Indy thinks the engine wants vs. what the porting guys think the engine wants.
25 1,328 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
10/27/21 04:19 AM
OEMs don't use one wire alternators so you'll need to go aftermarket.
1 67 Read More
Lost & Found, Clubs, Businesses, Jobs
10/27/21 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by 5wndwcpe
Found 440 HP block - 8G104197

was/is a DODGE Coronet R/T WS23L8G104197 or WS27L8G104197

Originally Posted by 5wndwcpe
Found - 440 HP block 8G166970

was/is a Plymouth GTX RS23L8G166970 or RS27L8G166970
1,364 1,881,114 Read More
Moparts Truck , Jeep & 4X4 Forum
10/27/21 02:56 AM
https://www.nilight.com/products/ni...-jeep-cabin-boat-suv-truck-vehicles-atvs

I put these in the lower bumper opening and wired them in with my fog lamps on my 01 2500. Total game changer!! Did the mod 4 years ago. Have them pointed down enough to avoid 95% of the “high beam flash” from oncoming cars, but the night driving is worlds better. Great investment for $40 bucks.
8 325 Read More
Moparts Truck , Jeep & 4X4 Forum
10/27/21 02:48 AM
First…. Did you use the drain on the wif sensor (bottom of filter) to drain it? If so after reading how it’s been four years, you’ll need a new one. The seals go bad once moved after a long time.

My second thought is your choice of filter. The OE mopar has a smaller footprint on the top seal than some of the aftermarket. Being the sealing surface is aluminum some corrosion/pitting can occur, especially on vehicles in winter climates, so when the elcheapo filter is installed the rubber attempts to seal on a not so smooth surface.

Another thing when “filter considering” is that on two occasions I’ve run into aftermarket filters that improperly engaged the check ball on the filter housing. That was an incredibly expensive filter change for that customer, but the Mopar/Fleetguard filter fixed it.

If the wif sensor is leaking where the smaller oring goes I’d suspect the filter.

Maybe it’s just me but air and fuel filters are two places I’ve always stuck to the book on…. and your fuel system costs tons more than mine.
1 71 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Racingjunk / WIW
10/27/21 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by 4x4 Roundup
Not,bad, up the builder should have stopped the day before the hood scoop went on... shruggy
I agree!

Yeah, me three. I'm in the "I like it" category though.
4 206 Read More
10/27/21 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by 360view
I find it is much, much better
to talk about MPH per 1000 rpm
instead of differential gear ratios.

If you are turning 2000 rpm at 80 mph
your ratio is 40 MPH per 1000 rpm,
etc

Doing it this way combines tire size, overdrive ratios, and differential gear ratios.

In highway driving there is considerable fuel economy improvement up to a ratio of 40 MPH per 1000 rpm,
slower improvement above 40.

I like this thought... but I like to take it another step and figure displacement per mile. Right now I am a hair over 2000@60mph. so about the same displacement per mile as if I had a 159 CID engine running 4000@60mph. if I slow it to 1500@60mph it is like the 159 running at 3000RPM at 60mph witch is close to what my neon was running in displacement per mile with tiny tires and no OD 122 CID at just over 3000 RPM, so actually I would still be slightly more displacement per mile so I don't think it is un doable, I know it is a truck but not a very big or heavy one at all by todays standards. The long term plan is to do some stuff to increase the low end TQ like zero deck the pistons and take about .030 off the heads and better spray pattern injectors... maybe a bely pan and some other aero tweaks.

I had a 93 Dakota with 5.2 518 combo. Picked up nearly 1mpg average on interstate driving just by adding a tonneau cover.to the bed.
19 867 Read More
10/27/21 01:54 AM
Well, my flowkooler 16 vane pump is on its way...

If it works well I will probably abandon my attempt to get a 15% OD water pump pulley setup... If it does not work a good friend of mine has suggested we build a water pump dyno... I hope it does not come to that...
10 260 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
10/27/21 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I was going to start cruising the junkyards within a 150 mile radius east of Bend looking for motor in a pickup for my first Gen 3 Hemi project.
What is, in all of your opinions, is the best one to start with, remember I'm old school and like big C.I. to start with and I don't mind having a iron block up
What years did the 6.2 and 6.4 motors come in?
Did Dodge make any of the later pickups with a SRT type 6.2 or 6.4 motor in them? help
I'm not looking for a blown motor but if they are out there I won't rule the out, depending on the price.
Last question I can think of now is which brand EFI adapter ECU kit will work with those motors in a early 1967 B body? help
I'm not a ECU tuner but I can learn and adapt shruggy whistling devil
No real reason not too up
Thanks in advance for all of your help on this deal bow

Cab,

Here are a few of your answers:

6.2 hemi= 2015 and up

6.4 hemi=2012 and up

Dodge trucks have had the 6.4 since 2014 I believe.

Holley has efi that will work with these engines. They along with EFI source in Pennsylvania are two of the biggies.

Mopar has what they call plug and play kits- if you are leaving the engines stock these are by far the easiest ways to go. A few simple connections and you are running/driving.

As far as what engine would be best for you, I would like to ask what your intentions are as far as driving/racing, and will you ever want a power adder?
15 831 Read More
10/27/21 01:34 AM
UPDATE: I removed the drivers seat to get a better look and to better access the underside of the dash. There IS a fuse box on the firewall at the bulkhead connector, NOT UNDER THE DASH.The wiring bundles from the column and everything else was misplaced, jammed everywhere, and blocking it from view.
8 658 Read More
10/27/21 01:27 AM
Is that the "blue" high-performance transmission?
2 332 Read More
10/27/21 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by HemiSportFury
Originally Posted by moparx

a well tuned t-quad would work well with that combination.
the factory torque converter for the pushbutton transmission [727, correct ?] will work good as well.
just my opinion. your mileage will vary.
beer
I've never messed with a T-quad, so excuse the dumb question, but why would it be better than say a Holley?

I should add that I have upgraded the input shaft and support on the 727 so I can run the later torque converters. Not much of a selection for the early style input shaft.

The body is still at the hot rod shop getting painted but should be ready to come home soon. I've still got a long way to go, but making progress.

Other than better gas mileage, you might want a Thermoquad because some of them came from the factory with altitude adjustment valve to keep them in tune at various altitudes. Only carb I am aware of that has that feature.
9 263 Read More
10/27/21 01:18 AM
I am around three ProFlites (two from A1 one from Joels,) and all of them are stock case, its the only option. FWIW they are used in cars with over 1000hp and so far knock on wood no issues. As for adapting them to other applications there are a few ways. I like the A1 adapter best myself. There was a truck pull guy working on an aftermarket case but it was HUGE and heavy not sure if it ever came to fruition.
40 1,490 Read More
10/27/21 01:12 AM
I seen another sold. I snagged one also.
2 93 Read More
10/27/21 01:11 AM
I am trying to put some time into assembling this motor....
Today I assembled the pistons to the rods. I am careful, and painfully slow; but progress!
The first Spirolox took about the same amount of time as doing the last 4 pistons combined.
I don't build new motors too often... And my fingers are not small.
14 948 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/27/21 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by tboomer
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 05dakota
law has been on books since mid 1980s, just more enforcement

With a requirement to report anything amounts totaling 600.00 or more ?
I am not questioning you knowledge but rather trying to learn a bit more about what seems to be another stab at the middle class and poor shruggy

I would question the knowledge of the claimer, would like to see somethin to back up the claim.

Of course you would... eyes

And proud of it, thanks for noticing. up
29 1,197 Read More
10/27/21 12:55 AM
0 67 Read More
10/27/21 12:52 AM
0 61 Read More
10/27/21 12:48 AM
0 58 Read More