Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
10/06/22 11:55 PM
When I was in the USAF and got to England in 1985, we had Sicard runway snow brooms with 413 and 440 (depending on the year) engine. I don't remember what the governed speed was, but I do remember seeing the exhaust from the manifolds almost to the rain caps glowing orange after a while... They eventually got overhauled in Germany and came back with Mercedes inline-6 diesels. Depending on use, those Industrial units may not have had many hours, but every one they had was a tough one.
3 196 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
10/06/22 11:49 PM
It's an Indy head. So that's good to hear. Thanks.
36 1,744 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/06/22 11:39 PM
If you re using an android phone. Download the Duck Duck Go browser. Not the extension, the actual browser.

Works great and no problems with ads, the blockers are built in to it already.
12 465 Read More
10/06/22 11:25 PM
If it was green , it was Josh with his demon. lives in Eau Claire area, great guy. fast car, he's stood it on the bumper a few times also.
5 331 Read More
10/06/22 11:04 PM
Good stuff Mike. Bad to the bone Man.
4 152 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
10/06/22 10:41 PM
Does seem cheap. Might be a rebody thing or who knows what.

I have never seen it around. Lot of people have moved here from other places recently and are selling their toys so there is a lot of stuff that is new to this area. Also a lot of them moved here and have no toys and are buying local stuff like crazy. Deals go quick, which makes me wonder why this car is still for sale...
2 174 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/06/22 10:36 PM
Dealer here.

Tax rules vary state to state regards tax savings on trade ins.
Here in Michigan, we have 6% sales tax. The tax savings on trades has ramped up from if I remember right 1500 to the current 8,000.
So, in other words, if the value of your trade is 8k or more, you get a tax savings of 480 bucks, 6% of 8,000.
9 340 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
10/06/22 10:11 PM
The regulator has little to do with output and is the simplest part to change.

It's the rest of the charging system that needs replacing and upgrading. Wires, ammeter, fuse links and likely even belt and pulley arrangements like going to double belts.

What's your need for power?
1 51 Read More
10/06/22 09:56 PM
It did make peak at 8000. So the power difference between 7500 and 8000 wasn’t much so that’s why I’m shifting it at 8000.
21 663 Read More
10/06/22 08:56 PM
My car goes 1.19 with this but its a bit too aggressive for it in good weather and a tight track. If I were running 6.0s it would be perfect I bet.

[Linked Image]

20 836 Read More
10/06/22 08:51 PM
Thank you
2 101 Read More
10/06/22 08:48 PM
thanks Al for your insight , again .
Always the case of " I want vs I need " .
I see it at work , everyone wants a 700+ HP motor for tootling around and going to the shops . My opinion is unless you are racing why bother ? As long as you can do a burn out on the street just lie about the HP grin .
Andy thanks also withyour comments re Tflow and the boost to a lot of mid level bracket racers . I'm one of them . Now all I need is to get rid of 100lbs or so from the Satellite .
Don't forget some racers dont want the extra SFI parts turnover or extra safety gear that a higher HP / ET car brings . So that sorta easy 700 or so HP number is fine , especially in a dual purpose car .
And yes I have the TF 270s on my 505 and laugh with fellow Ford/Chev racers about how small the port sizes are , even @ Max Wedge size .

Tex
20 916 Read More
10/06/22 08:45 PM
I guess I'll leave it in. Don't really want hard shifts nor care about chirping the tires but does leaving it in defeat the purpose of using this particular valve body? Would I be better off just leaving the factory valve body in the trans.? Engine is a 400/470 stroker.
6 245 Read More
10/06/22 08:42 PM
If it were mine I would just send it as is....But I like living on the edge laugh2
159 13,123 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
The bad lifters was a problem with hemis newer then that. I think the biggest thing with that year range was more exhaust manifold leak related and things like dropped valve seats and broken valve springs which would cause problems more noticable then a tick,
4 116 Read More
Originally Posted by Dragula
Since you spoke up.....What do you like better, Predator, Hemi 99, or? Which one is more maintenance?

Well one will make peak 8000-8500 built all out and the other 10,000+ in maxed out form. A generalization but hope it makes for a clearer picture. Also 99/06 stuff is getting harder and harder to come by, they also are VERY short deck height blocks, think smalblock Ford short. And no one makes a block to accommodate the head. So 550ish cubes is the limit. Not really a matter of liking one better they are IMO focused on two different types of racing. Both canmake power. The 99 can make more naturally aspirated at the cost of RPM...The other can be done from bracket NA to power adder stuff and they see to work well. The Wheatcrafts have a few centrifugal Predators making right at 2000hp at low boost levels.
71 7,963 Read More
10/06/22 08:34 PM
The control arms will always appear stripped.
I recently had one upper ball joint that felt as if it would strip/would not take torque.
I'm a mechanic and I've had issues with press in ball joints at work that were mis-sized.
You measure several different parts and they are a few thousands different.
At the time I just happened to have some new spare front end parts and another new ball joint measured larger than the part with the causing the problem.
The spare ball joint went in and I was able to torque it no problem.
21 1,023 Read More
10/06/22 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by stumpy
Have you tried shooting some electrical contact cleaner in the switches?

I have not, but I will try that.

But the drivers window rocker on the driverside two switch assembly is a bit wobbly (for lack of a better word) it seems to have more "jiggle" movement than the passenger window rocker in the same switch assembly.
2 38 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
10/06/22 08:31 PM
wanted
426 hemi race headers
2 239 Read More
Moparts Truck / Vans / Jeep / Willys
10/06/22 08:25 PM
I need a stock fuel door to replace the big chrome wart someone thought was cool on my 2008 Dodge .. extra nice if it was cool vanilla color
2 132 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
10/06/22 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by 340Cuda
For $1,670.00 I would think coil on plug would be less expensive.

Same here

The MSD HEMI-6 is what $600 and plug and play on some junk yard coils?
6 208 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
10/06/22 07:48 PM
I have never had a bad plastic tank in any of the 72-87 trucks, ramchargers, etc.

But I have had to find tanks for 88-93 before. Not sure what they did, but something was definitely better on the earlier tanks.
16 708 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/06/22 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Anyone know what will dissolve that goo in the back of the factory electronic control boxes?

Yeah just mount it on the inner fender of your brand new paint job and it will start melting in a few weeks eek

I had an orange box do that before.

Gus beer
7 219 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/06/22 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by nuthinbutmopar
Just to clarify, Sterling (Zip 48659) is about 15 minutes from my office, and Sterling HEIGHTS (Zip 48313ish) is metro Detroit, about 2 hours south.

If you want a 30 minute look-over in Sterling, shoot me a PM.

thanks for the reply but its Sterling Heights
4 167 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/06/22 07:29 PM
For our race teams we had over the years lots and lots of box vans from Grumman, Supreme, etc. On one delivery from Grumman the delivery driver showed up and I watched and waited for a vehicle to show up to take the driver back to the assembly plant and no one showed up. As I waited the box van delivery driver opens the back door, slides out two folding ramps and drives out a small car with a roof rack. Folds up the two ramps, straps them to the roof of the small car and drives away. shock Never thought a small car would fit inside of a box van but that proved me wrong. That's why I know a full-size car with the right ramps will fit inside of a 26' rental truck and saw it done too. Just saying. wink

I think you can also tow a dolly or trailer for you pickup or tow vehicle behind a 26' truck and do it in one move?
12 441 Read More
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29