Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy
Tesla would be fine as I wouldn't be on board with destroying more '58 Plymouths to make a movie. They can destroy all the Teslas they want... as many as possible would be preferable.

They'll have to figure out how to deal with the thermal runaway though, when it catches fire...

iagree
11 362 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 02:07 PM
0 20 Read More
Moparts B Body
03/28/24 02:06 PM
Nice OEM lens. $20 plus the ride. Clear/no cracks. Fits, GTX/RR/Satellite.
92 11,213 Read More
Moparts B Body
03/28/24 02:05 PM
Nice OEM lens. $20 plus the ride. Clear/no cracks. Fits, GTX/RR/Satellite.
236 36,162 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
03/28/24 02:02 PM
[Linked Image]

Likely the first thought that comes to mind when preparing to replace a quarter panel is not what is the easiest way to do it. It’s pretty safe to say that everyone wants the replacement to look perfect whatever it takes.

Well, as it turns out, easiest might also be the best. Muscle Car Restorations has probably replaced hundreds of quarters over its thirty-plus-year history and at this point they have got it down to a near science. Sure, every car is a bit different so the process can be tweaked as needed for each individual case but the basic process is pretty much the same for most.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 3 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Modern vehicles, modern monitoring. They're watching over you and it's for your own good!

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...2/gm-data-firms-lexis-nexis/73057931007/

Part of the reason I got out of my 2018 ford and back into a 98 Dodge, too much technology that isn't for my own good, I'm trying to get the wife into something older now too.

I know I'm being tracked thru my phone but I'm looking into one of those bags that will block the signal reaching the phone , I survived for decades without one so no big deal .
6 284 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
03/28/24 01:17 PM
Imps were 5" x 5"...

The 5.5" is the same as Jeep and Ford...

The 5" was the same as Chevy truck and van and some older large Ford cars...

Center registers vary across all of them and not everything interchanges due to their diameters...

Most all aftermarket stuff will...
32 1,777 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
03/28/24 01:16 PM
The 1/8" pipe plug is factory and I believe to be only on motorhome heads. I just sold a set like that a few weeks ago.
6 393 Read More
03/28/24 12:18 PM
Get it running as is. As you say, you can always upgrade later if you're unhappy with it. TBH I think the 2 1/2" single will cope OK if the motor is done by 4500 but I would have thought a 280 duration cam would wake a 360 up a bit more than that shruggy
4 320 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 11:38 AM
I wish dunlop still made 15's.
I ran BFG's back in the day and run coopers now.
the bfg's were always bad in rain, and from what I hear are not any better today.
you might look into the pricing at sam's club. you can get a 20 dollar membership from govx and they generally run a vet discount for memberships as well with 20 bucks off your first purchase.
they also sell both, and give money back on bfg's too if you are going to go that route.
my current set of cobra's are about due up for replacement too.
like you mileage isn't what is going to get them, so the warranty isn't a big deal.
sam's includes the road hazzard as part of the install. which on some sale days is included for free.
2 199 Read More
03/28/24 11:19 AM
Couldn't you have a bracket made and use the original Shifter?
If not, contact silver sport trans. They sell tkx kits and should have something.
3 160 Read More
Member Projects & Survivor Pictures
03/28/24 11:09 AM
Great stuff,great motor! boogie drive
131 110,961 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 10:17 AM
Think I'm gonna donate MA and Chrysler Power mag shirts to the American Legion. drive
56 7,683 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
03/28/24 09:57 AM
Naw, I didn't get it.
9 512 Read More
03/28/24 04:23 AM
Google "FC733 gas cap" and see if that does it?

eBay item number:263835368969 as well
3 183 Read More
03/28/24 03:36 AM
I did but via different seats. (chrysler 200 convertible) Being a pillarless hardtop I didn't want a belt going up/down from the ceiling. The seat mounting is anchored through the subframe connectors.

That looks really good. Most modern seats look too tall and just off even more so in a hardtop
26 873 Read More
Moparts Wheels / Tires
03/28/24 02:53 AM
Looking for a space saver rim in good shape.
Date code pre May 1970.
PM me here.
Thanks
5 1,447 Read More
Moparts A Body
03/28/24 02:17 AM
Both from 71 Darts. Real straight. Nice seams. No rust issues.
200.00 ea
Local pickup
Can email or text more pictures.
Take check, MO or PayPal
Free delivery with pre-paid to the following shows
Spring Fling L.A. CA April 20th
Possible delivery to Denver/C.S
Or along I-70/I-15
Have lots of parts. Feel free to PM me with your needs.
87 15,988 Read More
03/28/24 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel

Disconnect the engine harness connector at the distributor, turn on the ignition switch and touch the male prong on the engine harness to ground. Each time the prong is grounded and pulled away you should get a spark from the coil. If it sparks, the distributor pickup is the problem, if not it's the primary wiring, ECU or coil.

iagree
18 534 Read More
03/28/24 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by Andrewh
that is a nasty splice.
continuity won't be the issue. it will be resistance causing the voltage drop.
but it sounds like it is past that splice anyway.
you probably don't have the extra line in that splice, but the old school way was to put ring connectors on them and put it on the big cable side of the starter relay. but I guess leave it alone if it ain't broke.

I have seen several factory splices on mopars done exactly that way and they were ALWAYS soldered.

in the second picture on the R side I note several corroded male terminals. Those should all be cleaned as well as the others.

I would also clean the female terminals and try closing them a bit with a small flat blade. If they are easily accessible from the backside you can remove them ne at a time for cleaning and then gently squeeze each side to insure a better connection.

I checked the voltage of the wire in the bulkhead running from the splice with the key ON and it reads 11.3v(firewall side) while the battery reads 12.6v... The voltage of the same wire at the bulkhead on the inside with the key ON reads the same (11.3v)!

the above statement is not clear to me ? I'm assuming this is with the bulkhead plugged together?
I am also assuming this wire is coming from the battery towards the splice
What is the V at the splice itself ?
if it is also 11.3 work back towards to battery.
Your statement indicates a 1.3V drop which is HUGE unless there is a draw pulling the V down or a bad connection not allowing the current to pass thereby causing the V drop.

Run a jumper across the two connections and see what the voltage does. The jumper can run from the splice to where ever the firewall side wire goes. If it goes multiple places the one closest to the BH would be best.
DO monitor the battery voltage while doing these tests. beer

62 2,806 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 01:37 AM
My thoughts are that a motor like this with twin turbos, will not be beefed enough to withstand the power output. They will tear themselves apart. Watch......
18 1,130 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 01:32 AM
we pull small trailers made from aluminum , loads typicaly weight around 500 lbs
5 187 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
On my first mopar-71 Challenger I had the very first aftermarket partial 1/4 panels installed on by my dads friend. They were sold thru Sherman and Associates and were AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the lady on the phone at Sherman warned me- those panels were basically "A flat sheet of steel with the details hammered in by a guy." The wheel well opening with its details were kinda ok but there was no side marker light hole of any kind and the panel was flat as a sheet of plywood.

laugh2 I bought a pair of those exact panels for my '69 300, from Sherman..the car that's in my first post.
But I found out like you, they were just flat stamped metal, in other words JUNK!
So I got a Hemmings book..( no Internet in 1985) did research, and found a place near Phoenix Arizona
called Mr. Good Parts...a scrap yard, that sold all rust free metal. I had them ship me, two FULL
Quarter panels, came with inner wheel wells, and trunk extensions. They were cut off of a two door hardtop car.
They showed up by semi truck in front of my house, strapped to big pallets! They were supposed to be
delivered to the body shop, my car was at, and someone had screwed up! Luckily my body shop
came out, and picked them up. Those panels are still on the car today.

Mr. Goodparts - Brad Stoler. We ran into him a few times out in Phoenix - he was getting some of the leftovers we passed on. I wonder if Brad is still alive - I think he was a real druggie. The company I owned with my partner operated from around 1981 to when I sold it in 1995. Anybody buy stuff from Rare Iron Co? That was us. Our parts came hand-picked out of TX, NM, AZ, NV, & CA. We were the big guys.
90 4,064 Read More
03/28/24 01:21 AM
Curious to see how this one does. My low deck 528 Indy block and 440-1 heads ran well in my Demon. Best of 5.43 at 125mph at 2825lbs. We are currently in the process of making it a 540 after the 20 year old eagle crankshaft gave up on me at the Mopar race in Norwalk last fall.
11 1,102 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
03/28/24 01:00 AM
Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lite Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges 2 5/8 - $100

Yukon 4.86 gear & 31 spline spool for 8 3/4. Four 1/8 mile runs on both, like new - $200
93 28,336 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4