Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts General
03/19/19 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by 340SIX
Yesterday I had a bad fall. Blacked Out and fell onto the Hard Porcine Tile in my living room. Just plain old walked in a passed out. I need stitches on the eye between the eyebrow and eyelid so the skin must have rolled? As it is cut split under the "Brow"
The Cheek bad and mouth teeth and mouth I look and feel like I went a few rounds with a PRO BOXER! Had an "Ocular Migraine" for 45 min. after
Just one fall. Was in the ER from 9:30 to almost 4 am.
Oh and looked at my knee as well it is also hurt so must have hit it as well. I was hurting so bad other places I did not notice. My wife saw me just fall and not even try and break my fall.
I almost broke Grammarly typing this

Did they rule out a stroke.. some people get TIA’s or mini strokes. I’ve known individuals that have blacked out from TIAs.
10 294 Read More
Moparts General
03/19/19 03:07 AM
BradH, all I see is a "B" there.
3 118 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
03/19/19 02:59 AM
Good - they are more likely to give you credit than a refund.
28 1,735 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Racingjunk / WIW
03/19/19 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by mopar4ya
What is the market for a nos left side 70 Road Runner convertible quarter panel. The panel is mint, no issues.

Thanks!

I would think it’s in the $3K range to the right buyer, especially if it’s mint.
3 93 Read More
03/19/19 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by rebel
The problem with on head testers we found is different people doing the same test got different results. I have a mate who has one, when seat pressures are low we can all get close readings, but I'm running high seat pressures for a roller & we can varie by 40 psi. I'm looking for a bench unit with positive stops so any of us knuckleheads get the same reading.

Yep.......like I said , it took me a while to get a technique I was comfortable with that gave me consistent results.
But using the same technique , whoever is pulling the handle , if you see a significant drop off in seat pressure , the spring comes out.
I am around 250 on the seat , and if one pulled 10 % less , it would get my attention.
8 208 Read More
Moparts General
03/19/19 02:54 AM
I'm going on about 4 years now with Grundy (AIG) & couldn't be happier. My agent is great - always returns emails quickly, & is easy to reach by phone. I have ALL of my 7 vehicles insured with them - 4 of them are daily drivers. Had a couple claims with them - one was where someone backed into the passenger front door on a 2012 Chrysler 300 - while I was sitting in the car! They use independent claims adjusters & the guy came to my house - I was there to meet him. He was going to write-up for a door skin, but I told him no - nobody can install a door skin properly & if he was not going to write it up for a new door, I'd just buy the door myself. He agreed to cover a new door & wrote it up very fairly. One other claim was a windshield & that was no problem. Couple of tows - quick check in the mail from them.

My rates have barely increased in 4 years. 2016 Challenger Scat Pack is at stated value & is for pleasure driving. NO limit on miles driven, CAN be driven out-of-state, but I can't use the car for everyday use - like to work or to go grocery shopping or shopping at Wal Mart. I wouldn't leave the car unattended in a parking lot like that anyway. I can go cruising, out to eat, to a car show, take it for a spin on a nice day, etc. Challenger runs me $230.00 A YEAR & zero deductible on collision or comp. Hagerty wanted $1300.00 a year & would not credit me for not driving the car 6 months out of the year.

The really good part is I'm saving around $3,000 a year. If you want my agent's name & contact info, PM me.

-Eric
2 46 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
03/19/19 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by 70Challengerse
firm feel, they are not 100% correct looking, but by the time I'm done with them , they will be close, mine are rusted thru....

They aren't exactly OE but I do believe the bolt locations are in the same position as factory.
6 133 Read More
03/19/19 02:50 AM
I've noticed that Rockauto has a bunch of remanned thermoquads available for around $225-250 each. Has anyone tried one? I haven't picked a carb yet for my roller 360.
23 527 Read More
03/19/19 02:47 AM
SO let me retract part of that last post...I checked it again with an actual working mulitimeter, and its showing around 480 OHMS....I am going to acquire a small block distributor and swap them out and see what happens...maybe in a couple days.
7 119 Read More
03/19/19 02:41 AM
I’m guessing a couple guys with ‘71 Challenger promotional models that had damaged front bumpers got into a bidding war for a part needed to restore their model.
A 71 Challenger promo could be worth $350-$750 in nice condition in a good color.
Back in the day I got some great finds involving a Challenger promotional model.
I have an orange ‘70 Challenger promotional model I got in the mid 90s. No box or decal sheet. After joining Ebay in the early 2000s, I spotted an original 70 Challenger promotional model box only listed. Even stamped orange on the box lid! I watched the auction and sniped in the last seconds, won it for around $40.
Then a few years later, I found an original 70 Challenger promo decal sheet on eBay. Won it for around $30.
So now my Challenger promo is complete with box and decal sheet. I had some great experiences with eBay before it became so commercial. Where else would I ever have found a box and decal sheet for a 70 Challenger promotional model?
2 54 Read More
Moparts General
03/19/19 02:38 AM
I hate viewing most things on my phone. The geniuses running the show where I work are all about the cloud. Any required form you need is in the cloud. I work out in the field and when I ask them how do I get this form when I have no connection? They say to tether my I phone and I reply what part of "NO connection" do you not understand? I get the Nipper look.

[Linked Image]
11 169 Read More
03/19/19 02:38 AM
If it is a stock oil pump the tangs/tabs on the pump gear might have broken off when installing the converter.
13 285 Read More
Moparts General
03/19/19 02:32 AM
All I get with my phone is the operator & some dust but no screen? wink
11 169 Read More
Moparts General
03/19/19 02:31 AM
I watch when its cold crappy weather outside, probably the first 6 or so weeks. It beats watching golf and provides a great background noise for a nap. Soon the races will go to some cable channel and then I won't see them any more, until possibly the last few weeks when the weather turns bad again and they end up on an on air station again.

The current NASCAR Mustangs sort of look like the present crop of Mustangs, big & ugly. Gene
17 443 Read More
Member Projects & Survivor Pictures
03/19/19 02:30 AM
My goal is to leave the original paint and to make it look as good as I can, some PDR work and buffing. That being said the previous owner repaired a small air cleaner stud dent in the hood years ago and primered it and the RT fender was replaced at some point and is black. So at minimum I’m going to have to paint two panels. So I’d like to get something close as possible to paint on it with. I may pull the original hood and find another hood and install a W0 style scoop to it when I paint it, We shall see. Now I need to concentrate on getting the suspension all apart and rebuilt. I would like to do it close to like it should be without going to crazy. Also have to rebuild the rear springs and a Dana then but all that back in. Already have all the fuel and brake lines.
Matt
13 396 Read More
OHM meter is reading zero. I started looking through my wiring and its spaghetti and I see lots of spots where it could fail. I am going to install a fresh wiring harness and start over. Robert...I read another post and you do not seem like a fan of the MSD products. Lets say for the sake of arguement that I pull the whole system out and put in something else. What would you recommend? Its a little 318 Barracuda, I am building it as a daily driver quality restoration, nothing crazy. The MSD thats in it has the knob for the variable timing adjustment, so I am not sure what they did with it in its previous life, but I am good with starting fresh. I got the car pretty cheap, for a 4speed fastback, so I have an open budget. My biggest concern with these old mopars is faulty wiring...I have had harnesses melt on me on my way to work, so starting with all new is on my list. Should I try and salvage the MSD unit, or toss it and go with something else?
Dave
7 119 Read More
Moparts General
lol

let's use Microsoft programs (office) on a mac because Microsoft programs (Win whatever) suck.

lo f'ing l
40 743 Read More
03/19/19 02:18 AM
If it's not moving oil through the cooler, either there's not enough oil in it or something is not together right in the front of the trans. I don't know what kind of dipstick you have, but have you checked the length of the thing? If it's long for the tube, it won't read right. If you only have 7 quarts in it, I would put another quart or two in it and see what happens, regardless what the stick says,
13 285 Read More
Moparts Truck , Jeep & 4X4 Forum
03/19/19 02:17 AM
I had a Ramcharger with a 400 and swapped it out for a 440. Had the Hedman 79250 with both engines. The truck had a 4" lift and then a 6" lift with the 440 and had no clearance issues.
5 142 Read More
03/19/19 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by BSB67
I think that program was written long long ago and not likely the issue.

If that's the case it's even worse.
34 2,250 Read More
03/19/19 02:08 AM
That's got to be a joke or a scam, right?
2 54 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
03/19/19 02:06 AM
Interesting..... so really no rhyme or reason as to why they were installed.
7 284 Read More
Moparts General
03/19/19 02:03 AM
Dang Kevin - very sorry to hear this! frown

Heal fast pity
10 294 Read More
03/19/19 02:00 AM
I think that program was written long long ago and not likely the issue.
34 2,250 Read More
03/19/19 01:59 AM
An NOS Challenger convert 1/4 just sold on For E-Bodies Only. Asking price was $2500 OBO. Apples and a Oranges? Maybe, but both parts a pretty rare.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/foru...nvertible-pass-rear-quarter-panel.18006/
3 93 Read More
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30
Advertisement
Forum Statistics
Forums32
Topics193,746
Posts2,260,960
Members25,797
Most Online1,424
Jun 20th, 2018
Moparts Newest Topics