Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts Question and Answer
07/27/24 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by ruderunner
70 lights are bigger than the 69 stuff. Unless you want to do paint work there's not much you can do to get them to fit.

I've kicked around the idea of using 70s 80s markers to get a socket onto the backside of the 69 housings. Cut a hole in the housing behind the reflector and use a cut up late model housing to hold the bulb. The mounting studs on the 69 housing can be used to attach the late model socket.

Shouldn't be to difficult to do, I would only caution on the distance of the bulb from the lens. But LED's would solve that wink
9 317 Read More
Moparts Wheels / Tires
07/27/24 02:47 AM
NOS 1970 Challenger Cuda space saver rim, dated 10-23-69, never mounted on car, original paint, original instruction decal, original inspection marks, original valve stem/schrader valve, correct space saver rim. $800

Real space saver rim!

This can be shipped or delivered to the Mopar Nationals.

Email Kenei@comcast.net
14 2,544 Read More
07/27/24 02:44 AM
Those are for the reverse flow marine motors that run backwards. Also used in some other applications whistlingšŸ¤£šŸ™„
6 200 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
07/27/24 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by racerx
Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Ummm... what type are you looking for? I still see scoops of different styles being offered by various 'glass companies.

70-74 R/T

I have never seen that style as an aftermarket scoop by itself, only as a complete hood. US Body offers both a pin-on and hinge-type fiberglass hood in that style.

I suspect the closest thing you can find as a separate scoop is going to be a low-profile cowl design.
4 315 Read More
07/27/24 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by crackedback
A little Made In China copper RTV fixes everything

wink fixed it with my Made in China keyboard grin
6 200 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/27/24 02:16 AM
apple offers you the loan of the official tools to repair your phone.
sort of like the parts stores "loan" tools.
https://support.apple.com/self-service-repair
see if that gets you what you need.
part of the right to repair act.
like a big crate comes to your house with a heating plate and jig to put the new screen on.
2 109 Read More
07/27/24 01:47 AM
A little copper RTV fixes everything
6 200 Read More
07/27/24 01:33 AM
Shameful
6 200 Read More
07/27/24 01:26 AM
What the heck. They were cheap. That's the main thing.
6 200 Read More
07/27/24 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Ummm... what type are you looking for? I still see scoops of different styles being offered by various 'glass companies.

70-74 R/T
4 315 Read More
07/27/24 12:07 AM
"Gee, why sales so slow ?"

Not to mention a joke or two about the china walls...
6 200 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/26/24 11:11 PM
Not sure this will help.

I had an 86 Daytona that would shut everything down electrical, but the engine, occasionally. I about tore my hair out trying to figure it out and it wasn't until a bud needed a jump and neither of us had jumper cables. So I hot swapped my charged battery for his drained battery.

That fixed my problem, so I bought a new battery.

Only thing I could figure was that the original battery had some sort of intermittent fault.
3 168 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
07/26/24 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Cooter
Everyone says they want a station wagon.

No one really wants to buy one, though.

Exactly.

Here's one way to put it in perspective. The final year I was married, I had to move my wagon ('73 for those who don't remember) out of the garage and park it in the driveway. This was also shortly after I bought my ratty '93 Dakota. In the 9 months the wagon sat outside (and overall condition looked MUCH better than the Dakota) I had several people stop and ask about the Dakota, but not one regarding the wagon. Since then, I've even found a note on my Dak asking if I wanted to sell.

When I sold it last year, I didn't have the time (or desire) to wait for the 'right' buyer. Time and time again I got the comment 'if only it wasn't a '73' or 'too bad it's not a '71 or '72'. I had a lot of extra parts, crash parts if you will as I had initially planned to build it to daily/travel in (but life kept getting in the way). It came down to first person to offer cash. On one hand, I got less than I wanted (in light of all the extra parts) but I got more than scrap value. frowwn

Annoyingly, I think the person bought it just for the engines (440 and 400) and the 8 3/4 axles as not too long after selling it, parts from my stash and my wagon started showing up on FB. If the ads are to be believed, the person sold the extra set of fenders I had for slightly more than half of what he paid me for everything (when I tried to sell them off, I got zero offers).

Sorry for the ramble, I guess what I'm trying to say is that unless the '74 is big block and extra minty, you'll have an easier time selling the '72. To use one to fix the other, too much is different. The '72 would be easier to buy chassis parts for but to the best of my knowledge no one makes any sheet metal for either one and good luck finding weather stripping.
6 359 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/26/24 10:46 PM
I've replaced a few failed switches in GM cars of that era so not a bad idea. I can't remember if those had ignition voltage in their datastream but if you have a scanner it's worth checking.

LS equipped trucks in that era were known for breaking the ground wire at the back of the intake. That would typically shut things down though.
3 168 Read More
07/26/24 10:32 PM
70 lights are bigger than the 69 stuff. Unless you want to do paint work there's not much you can do to get them to fit.

I've kicked around the idea of using 70s 80s markers to get a socket onto the backside of the 69 housings. Cut a hole in the housing behind the reflector and use a cut up late model housing to hold the bulb. The mounting studs on the 69 housing can be used to attach the late model socket.
9 317 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/26/24 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by bigdad
thanks for taking time to take pictures no one..................

I prefer to see pics of the cars most don't take pics , everyone takes pics of a-12's and hemi cudas

Neat truck

iagree
52 1,640 Read More
07/26/24 09:46 PM
For what year, model and option package?
4 315 Read More
07/26/24 09:45 PM
it was at Street Outlaws at joilet a few years back
3 354 Read More
07/26/24 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by WINGNUT
I asked a SPECIFIC question. Do A12 cars come with GE or Westinghouse headlights. I KNOW every car with 4 head lights can come with either. If someone is restoring an A12 car, I want to
offer my DATE CODED head lights to them.WINGNUT

is that for a lot of money? whistling work
9 430 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
07/26/24 09:42 PM
I think there is still a market for the early 70's wagons. I know this is far from an apples to apples comparison, but about six months ago I listed a 72 Ford Country Sedan wagon in comparable condition to these. Pretty solid but needing a complete restoration. Ran but ran terribly. I listed it on Craigslist for $3800 and had an unbelievable response and ended up getting full price for it. I was shocked because I also thought the older wagons were the only ones that were desirable. The wagons that are a little newer may not be as cool as the 60's models, but still cool enough for there to be a demand.
6 359 Read More
07/26/24 09:39 PM
What brand "green" bearing are you buying that don't have the outer snap ring, travel limiting O rings?
I've never had to remove anything from any of the rear ends, 8 3/4 or Dana 60 that I converted to the green axles bearings confused shruggy
3 332 Read More
07/26/24 09:28 PM
China strikes again.
6 200 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/26/24 09:11 PM
Likely plenty of how to videos on youtube.

I replaced a battery in a S7 samsung, watched how to do it on YT.

Biggest issue with many of the repairs is if the waterproof capability is still intact, if applicable.
2 109 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/26/24 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I quit watching when they "pussified" the event with rough driving penalties and tire cautions so the less prepared teams could get their setups right. The 3 car teams also bug me when the good driver on the team won't put a lap the bad driver on the team. The last full race I watched was the Bickyard when Jimmy Johnson was leading and good year brought a crap tire to the race. Well they let all the teams come in for a mandatory caution every 20 laps. Now when you let the 48 team in first they will pretty much leave first then lead almost the entire race which they did and Jimmy won from the pole.

Gus beer

That Indy tire debacle race was worse than that. Some teams had cars that ran well for 15-20 laps. Others had a hard time going 12. They were throwing cautions right at the window, 10-12 laps, where the 48 fell of fast. The 99 was set up and could run more laps before the tire let go. The last segment of the race, less than 12 active race speed laps, coincidence. Not a fricken chance. If you know what you got and the tire letrs go in 13 laps you better be pitting before that, if you can go 15-20, then you have an advantage which is what racing should be about. More shenanigans and manipulation from the brass at Na$crap.

Nascrap is a chevy/gm show the last 40 years.
18 668 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/26/24 08:31 PM
Has anyone on here replaced the front glass on a Xr I phone? Big crack in mine and Iā€™d like to do it myself
2 109 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12