Moparts Question and Answer
06/20/24 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by JohnRR
choke linkage hanging ?

I milled off the choke horn. 😎
9 287 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
06/20/24 05:01 AM
He was my favorite player growing up. I remember Stu telling me about working on Willie's garage door...
3 175 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
06/20/24 04:39 AM
They have a few Dodges and Plymouth's that need rescued from untalented hands and narrow minded people. Auction ends soon..June 22..

https://www.proxibid.com/Kiko-Aucti...&srchloc=true&ipp=100&sort=0

https://www.proxibid.com/1937-Plymouth-P4-Deluxe-Sedan/lotInformation/85183382

https://www.proxibid.com/Plymouth-Pick-Up/lotInformation/85183347

There are others like a Hemi powered coupe.
0 28 Read More
06/20/24 03:58 AM
I hate thieves laugh2
2 114 Read More
06/20/24 03:56 AM
Not nearly that bad. Slight dish maybe 1/16 to 1/8 inch deep
6 213 Read More
06/20/24 03:32 AM
Thanks Gents! We made it work with a rod and swivel assembly up
3 232 Read More
06/20/24 03:28 AM
This is another "it depends" question. Without knowing how badly the lifter has been damaged, there is no way to have an opinion worth listening to. I would say if it is as bad as this lifter, your cam is shot.
6 213 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
06/20/24 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I've had to cut, grind, several threads off of the bottoms of head studs to make tops clear the header flanges sawzall scope wrench shruggy

That is because you don't buy the correct studs!
14 936 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
06/20/24 02:57 AM
Once dead Wrangler 392 is back for 2025

0 82 Read More
06/20/24 02:32 AM
Buddy had his caravan parked for weekend and squirrels got to wiring, they use soy bean based plastic for the insulation. chewed up the injection harness that fried the ecu when he tried to start it. He diagnosed it and sent it to dealership under their warranty. dealership wanted to replace a head gasket. he told them to replace the ecu and program it. he picked it up and It still had a miss after ecu replacement. He replaced the the injector harness himself because he didn’t trust dealership and that took care of the problem.
5 215 Read More
06/20/24 02:23 AM
I've had to cut, grind, several threads off of the bottoms of head studs to make tops clear the header flanges sawzall scope wrench shruggy
14 936 Read More
06/20/24 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by Stanton
70 PSI priming with 30 weight? I don't see a problem but why the straight 30 vs a 10W30?

Because Lucas break-in oil is straight 30.

up Strange IMO but OK beer
21 1,180 Read More
06/20/24 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
Originally Posted by Andrewh
all the new ones are solid state even for the 70 and down type.
you get a thin one or pay more for one that just has the bulky casing. except it is shiny not black like an original.
I don't really think you are going to find one not made in china today.
I would just pick up one from the local parts store with the lifetime warranty so you can swap it out if it craps out later.

Actually saw some last night that were still the old mechanical, which I would not use anyway.

iagree mechanicals are easily identified by the resistors on the back which you likely know.

Refer to EVR's
5 285 Read More
06/20/24 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
Could be the base plate twisting slightly if you tightened one corner more than the others. Lossen them all back up and retorque them all evenly as you slightly do one at a time, several times on each gradually until tight.

Great question and suggestion. I will try it. Thx!
9 287 Read More
06/20/24 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by topside
I doubt it's the carb; haven't heard of issues with the Avenger.
The last time I saw a deal like that, it was in the return spring & cable mounting.
Some intake/butterfly combos are pretty tight, and opening/closing should always be checked for interference on a build.

I am using the AR Engineering spring and throttle cable kit for the RPM. I borrowed a throttle cable from a 80’s Dodge D150 truck so it’s a bit longer to accommodate for the intake height .I know it all sounds right but I could have something screwed up. I think maybe I’ll remove the throttle cable and kickdown linkage from the carb and see if it returns by hand and try that route?

You still in Sandpoint bro? We’ve never got to meet. How big does the Ribeye need to be to get you to stop by my digs out in the valley and help me sort this out?
9 287 Read More
06/20/24 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by 469runner
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Are you sure the distributor mechanical advance is not sticking?
Or, the vacuum advance sticking.

I'll agree with both and the throttle cable adjustment. The cable should have a small amount of up and down movement when on low idle. Timing can be watched with a light to see if its returning to the initial setting or 'floating" up
9 287 Read More
06/20/24 01:48 AM
I have timimg control on the dash. I will try some autolites some time and see if there is a difference in AFR, etc.

I ran 7's on the stree for a summer and the only difference was coloring of the plug. Also a good choice for a 150 shot : D

So what are the determining factors when a plug is deemed to hot or too cold?
26 1,749 Read More
06/20/24 01:41 AM
You Say flat lifter? they are supposed to be. Actually should have a very slight crown. If you meant cupped or dished on the cam end, by how much? A pic would help a lot. If severely cupped there's little chance of it living for any period of time. twocents
6 213 Read More
06/20/24 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Are you sure the distributor mechanical advance is not sticking?
Or, the vacuum advance sticking.
9 287 Read More
06/20/24 01:34 AM
up
26 1,749 Read More
06/20/24 01:28 AM
I believe you need to use a lifter.
13 926 Read More
06/20/24 01:19 AM
I'd bet that lobe is damaged. Also, whatever metal was removed ran through the engine, meaning at least the bearings.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'd at least look around inside; what's the oil & the filter media look like ?
6 213 Read More
06/20/24 01:09 AM
Compare the dead lifter cam lobe to a couple of the others that are still ok? Be careful to not mix them up if you take any out. Should be a smooth wear pattern that does not cover the whole width of the lobe. Also you can remove the intake and pressurize the lifters by rotating the motor by hand while watching to ensure the new lifter spins at the same rate as the others as another way to help confirm.

https://youtu.be/AgMYbNX2DMY?si=n-WDa_2p3PPzeeDS
6 213 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12