Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by poorboy

Yep, I believe drilling the mounting holes a bit larger diameter solved that problem, it seems to me the threaded holes in the 273 and the 318 heads were at a slightly different angles. Opening up the holes on the intake allowed the bolts to be threaded into the heads and the slight difference in the angles didn't cause any sealing issues. But it was a long time ago.

Exactly right, that's how I put a Performer intake on my 65 273.

did the performer intake have the small ports ? what size did you drill the holes to ? did you use washers under the bolt heads ?
beer

I don't recall the port match, I don't worry about it, it's turd polishing for a stock 273 in my opinion, lol.

I don't recall the size drill bit I used, wasn't much bigger than the stock opening as someone mentioned the intake bolts are smaller on the early 273 and there was almost enough clearance as it was, just did a test ft and inspection while it was on the stand.

I always use washers, so yes, but not so much because of anything specific to this swap.
9 600 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/26/24 12:02 PM
This is Chrysler-World, where nothing fits, is 3x more expensive, takes 4 months to arrive, and nothing is quite the way it seems.
2 124 Read More
04/26/24 12:00 PM
95 Cummins, check. 01 used slide in camper, check. 03 enclosed 32' trailer that was obtained in a trade for labor, check. Spare parts? uhm, starter, cap and rotor, plugs, tape, zip ties, wire.
Doug
7 625 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/26/24 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by stumpy
Those are very suspicious stains on that seat. Like someone offed themselves. rolleyes

Villisca, Iowa is famous for an unsolved axe murder of 8 people, but it was long before this car existed.
4 224 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 11:24 AM
I would have been barely one year old.
6 246 Read More
04/26/24 11:09 AM

'cilimder geads' being sold by Vato Loco.....what could possibly go wrong?

rolleyes
3 252 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/26/24 10:54 AM
He's around. Heck, he even called me yesterday smile
13 992 Read More
04/26/24 10:46 AM
Speedmaster Edelbrock Victor copies.
3 252 Read More
04/26/24 10:25 AM
I have more in my hoopty and less in my truck and trailer..not that that's a good thing. But I'd be happy to 'win' $50bucks!!!
7 625 Read More
04/26/24 10:22 AM
Good catch now...it may have not been ideal before. Hard to say exactly why from here. Nothing ever seems to work out of the box for me it seems but it is what it is.
2 124 Read More
04/26/24 10:16 AM
Thanks Don! Maybe we'll see you out this year?
108 18,270 Read More
04/26/24 06:52 AM
Milodon hi volume pump, BMP aluminum block. I assembled it last summer, dyno'd it, then put some runs on it. I hurt some bearings and scratched the crank, so i took it apart, put in new bearings.
I went to prime the oil system and found a half quart of oil under the car. The pump was removed to clean the block, but was reinstalled with the same gasket type. Now it leaks! Not just a little, i had at least a quart pour out as i primed the motor. I tried a new gasket. Same BIG leak!
Then i spotted it. A little dent on the pump body, and no day light between the block pump surface and a bolt boss on the side of the pump that was against the block.
A little grinding, same gasket, no leak! I am totally baffled on why that interferance didn't cause a leak before.
2 124 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/26/24 05:42 AM
All the 1963 Dodge and Plymouth productions cars that came with the 426 C.I. motors were all Max Wedges, either 415 HP or 425 HP. All the 426 race blocks I've seen, both 1963 and 1964, had a lot larger numbers stamp on them as already said up
1964 was the first year of those weak ass 426 street wedges down
9 605 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 05:21 AM
I listed my Duster on a few websites, this one included. Never got any response here, except one member
was seriously interested, but he went another direction ultimately. It was listed on Facebook, Craigslist , Racing Junk, and the A body website, also.
LOTS of ridiculous questions, especially on Facebook... also a lot of people asking to trade, even though, I put it in the ad NO trades! eyes
It's funny, a member on the A body website saw the ad, last month, told his father about it... turns out the dad lives about 3 miles from me.
He ended up buying it, I got my price, every one is happy. Stay patient and positive. Your truck WILL sell, just a matter of time. up
18 876 Read More
04/26/24 04:29 AM
I recently bought a 4WD 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was thinking of
doing a modest 2" or 2.5" lift using the typical aftermarket coil spring spacers.
I was told by a mechanic ( 40 years in the business) that owns an independent shop...
that by doing this, would drastically affect the steering capabilities of the Jeep. In his words...
" You're steering would be all screwed up". Anyone here, do this modest lift on a Jeep? Is it better to swap to different/longer coil springs/shocks/steering damper??
What were your results? TIA.
0 58 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by MoparJunkie
He called me! Thanks

up
3 513 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
[quote=Magnum]Once you decide on a trailer. You will have to consider upgrades.

I drove flatbed tow truck for 5 years. Secured the cars on the bed with chains, wheel straps through the rims and wheel straps. Holding the car by the frame is the worst thing you can do to a car. It feels solid but when that bed or trailer hits bumps it will bang into the chains and oval out holes. If the car dips on the suspension, all good. When it extends up, it will smash into the chains so hard dirt and rust will be sitting on the bed to prove what happened.

E tracks to secure all 4 tires is the best method. Have 3 fail and the car will still be there. This is how all the manufacturers tow the new cars.

Not all new cars, like the Vipers the frames were reinforced to chain them down, some other high-end cars are the same. Axle straps are still the safest and easiest to use besides straps through the wheels if it is possible to do that. Using wheel straps in an enclosed trailer is not always easy, especially for us old guys. I have never had an issue with axle straps over the rear axle and trough the lower control arms... twocents

I have always wrapped around the rear axle and thru the K frame on the front.

Those are nice, I wish everyone had them! When I worked for Mr. Norms Garage all our custom builds had oval rings welded on front and rear, made my job much easier, especially when I had the 4 car stacker!
42 3,031 Read More
04/26/24 03:39 AM
Those are very suspicious stains on that seat. Like someone offed themselves. rolleyes
4 224 Read More
Member Projects & Survivor Pictures
04/26/24 03:05 AM
up
214 113,597 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 02:59 AM
We sold a 72 Cutlass supreme ragtop a few years back on FB. We knew what we wanted to get and priced it above that. Minutes after listing our FB blew up with people wanting the car. We ended up meeting the 1st responder to the ad the next day....he never negotiated the price and was holding cash in hand. Sold within 24 hrs....cash deal. Obviously we could have gotten more for the car but we were VERY happy with the sale price. Price it right and it will sell.
18 876 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by Magnum
Once you decide on a trailer. You will have to consider upgrades.

I drove flatbed tow truck for 5 years. Secured the cars on the bed with chains, wheel straps through the rims and wheel straps. Holding the car by the frame is the worst thing you can do to a car. It feels solid but when that bed or trailer hits bumps it will bang into the chains and oval out holes. If the car dips on the suspension, all good. When it extends up, it will smash into the chains so hard dirt and rust will be sitting on the bed to prove what happened.

E tracks to secure all 4 tires is the best method. Have 3 fail and the car will still be there. This is how all the manufacturers tow the new cars.

Not all new cars, like the Vipers the frames were reinforced to chain them down, some other high-end cars are the same. Axle straps are still the safest and easiest to use besides straps through the wheels if it is possible to do that. Using wheel straps in an enclosed trailer is not always easy, especially for us old guys. I have never had an issue with axle straps over the rear axle and trough the lower control arms... twocents

I have always wrapped around the rear axle and thru the K frame on the front.
I am considering getting a pair of the brackets that bolt on with the rear axle U bolts for the rear though.
42 3,031 Read More
04/26/24 02:08 AM
up or whitewalls, whatever upgraded wheels they came with, Doesn't look too bad for the $$ if you're into them twocents
1 158 Read More
04/26/24 02:04 AM
must not be native to the area as the headlights are still attached to the fenders 🤣.

1750??? uhh I'll pass wink
4 224 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by moparx
this reminds me of an incident back in my junkyard ownership days.............[1972-1984/5]
one day, my brother was under the hood of his vega, [ haha panic laugh2] beating the pi$$ out of something with a big hammer. casually, i wondered over to see what was what with that.
seems he had "found the cure" to his starter issues was to beat on the solenoid..........
i casually told him i "knew a guy" in the parts business. biggrin
one junkyard starter later, all was well in the world............
he never did pay for that starter.........[the rat !]
beer

The vegas also had a circuit on the ignition that would shu tthe more off if the oil pressure was too low. HMM thin GM knew there might be a problem with oil consumption whistling NAHHH can't be. OK back on topic beer
29 1,185 Read More
04/26/24 02:00 AM
there was a 1962 model year 383 stamped HP on facebook the other day ..... consensus was: it was from a dual quad 343hp engine
9 605 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12