Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/18/24 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by Race Inc
I purchased this car in 2003 from a dealership in Mansfield Ohio sold it to a friend, bought it back when he needed cash, then traded it to another buddy for a Cuda. I always wondered where it went. Interestingly, it didn't have it's original engine when any of the three of us owned it. Now it does?

I looked at it early 90s timeframe.
Sometime later it was in the Las Vegas area.
Thats was the last I knew of it until I saw it listed earlier today

I remember when this car was in Vegas too. I spoke to the owner and I think he told me the car came out of ATL at some point. Funny thing was I was in ATL at the time.
I was chasing a 69 GTX 4 speed Vert hard back then. I think I knew where jus about where everyone of them were for sale, and you just did not see them a lot. This was about 20 years ago or so.

They haven't change too much in pricing over the years.
I always thought they were not a bad buy. B Body Vert 440. 4 speed with a Dana. RR verts always pulled close $.
I guess more people like RR's. Rare does not mean more $.
8 563 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/18/24 11:47 PM
21 783 Read More
04/18/24 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Charger69RT8
I love this place. Thanks Tom for providing it and all the people that take their time to share knowledge and experience.

DaveRS23- Thank you for those links. That provided paths for further research. Appreciated!

Topside-Totally on the same side as you on the TQ's. As well as the right foot reality. Thanks for your input!

tboomer- Real end user experience is priceless. Thank you!

Zippy- As noted above about real world user experience. Thank you!

moparx- I'll just say some of us were not wise enough to gather TQ supplies while they were still available. Would love to run one. I know them. But much easier solutions are available for a mutt like this pickup is. And of course part of why the Demon caught my interest. Very similar, and maybe some advantages. Need to study more.

volaredon-Will send you a pm shortly

Neil-I've searched multiple times for spread bore. The only new or rebuilt stock that comes from the major suppliers is Q-jets. Nothing for Holley leading me to think the one you speak of is not currently in production. In agreement with you on the older AVS's & AFB's but they suffer they same availability issues as the TQ's as you note.

Sniper- Thanks again for your further input and like those above the real world experience is invaluable. I get your point on the SD, but its worth a look and compare.

TJP- Sending you a PM as well.

Thanks again all for your time and responses. So much better than internet reviews and sales pitches.

I returned your PM

21 783 Read More
04/18/24 11:39 PM
My son has bought a few of those senders, seems like everyone sells them but they all come from the same place.
He's bought 2 now for 2 different c body wagons but I lucked out and found him an nos one last year at the CMC sponsored swap last spring and what do you know... It works and works right.
The ones he bought for the wagons as well as the ones in his ramcharger and 80 pickup both read empty when they really have 1/2 tank. JUNK

There used to be a guy in Ohio (John something?) that rebuilt original ones and from what I'd heard every body who had used his services was happy with the results.
2 87 Read More
04/18/24 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by stumpy
Did you check out this post? https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...66-plymouth-fury-c-body.html#Post3227640 Using the search function can sometimes get a quick answer. shruggy

No I did not see it. I was hoping for a faster solution then weeks waiting on a rebuild, but it's looking like my only option.

Thanks for the link.
Wolf
2 38 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
04/18/24 10:47 PM
65 Valiant 200. Was a stock eliminator car with 273 but now has a 60 over 340 with Ross Pistons, Manley rods, steel crank, Bullet Solid Lifter Cam, Air Wolf Heads, 904 trans with 2.74 first gear, 8" Ultimate Converter, Turbo Action reverse manual valve body, Chrome Moley cage, Billet Specialty Wheels. Runs mid 10 seconds. $21,500 including open trailer. Will separate. Call Billy Bellafatto for more info. 914 649-7585
1 584 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/18/24 10:40 PM
Thanks guys..appreciate all the information..gonna try to get this back together tonight.
6 397 Read More
04/18/24 09:56 PM
Did you check out this post? https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...66-plymouth-fury-c-body.html#Post3227640 Using the search function can sometimes get a quick answer. shruggy
2 38 Read More
04/18/24 09:54 PM
Have you tried bending the float arm to readjust the reading?
2 87 Read More
Moparts Truck / Vans / Jeep / Willys
04/18/24 09:51 PM

Looking for a glovebox insert for my 79 Dodge - would need it shipped to Maryland

Thank you
1 153 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/18/24 09:27 PM
Thanks for the link, learned a lot about the date codes. He found the partial VIN on the bellhousing but the first couple of characters are hard to read.
2 176 Read More
04/18/24 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
AS said its more the availability of aftermarket parts. There are many parts out there to make a 727 live at that power level. With a TH400 there are just more options, kinda like a BBC vs a BBM. Both capable of making power one just has many more options. The one thing you cannot get for a 727 is an SFI case, to me that s a big deal. FWIW my 64 Savoy has a 727 built by Joels on Joy, it makes north of 1000hp. From what I've been told torque is the larger issue with a TF than raw HP. The Vette has an A1 built 727 and it makes a tick over 1100hp. They are both very nice pieces but are not a budget friendly one.

You are correct it's the torque that is the issue vs. the HP level. That said the diesel market is building 47/48RE's that handle over 2000 lb/ft of torque so it's doable , an SFI case would be nice though.

Thank you, someone finally gets it.
40 2,251 Read More
04/18/24 09:19 PM
I bought a sender last year at Carlisle that was claimed to be compatible with Mopar ohm range (69 'Cuda). Well, they were full of S-it. With an empty tank (new tank) it reads 3/4 tank. I bought one of those gas tank sender adjusting modules from Speedway and it won't work correctly either. On top of that the gasket for the sender leaks and the new grommet for the filler tube leaks. Are all these companies that incompetent? So, now my question, who makes the correct sender for Mopar gas gauges? I've heard the ohm range is between 10 & 73, is this correct? Thanx for any help.
2 87 Read More
04/18/24 09:06 PM
Wrong as usual there sniper troll.

And the claim is that they work better OOTB than most any of their competitors. Not that they are 'perfect' or that they would never need any tuning. There are valid reasons why the Street Demon is a better choice than many of their very dated competitors. But you don't seem to know about any of that.

The Street Demon just happens to perfectly fit the OP's preferences. That is the ONLY reason that I bring them up. I even narrowed their preferred application substantially. They are not the end all, be all of carburetors. But they do fit the O.PO.'s preferences better than any other carb that I know of. I most certainly would NEVER recommend the CarterBrocks to anyone hoping to 'bolt on and go'. All you have to do is to look at their tune chart for the rods and mains and most guys would run the other way. Then there's the lack of ability to tune the transitions without a drill and bits. They are not a bad carb in and of themselves, it's just that there are better choices for applications like the O.P. But, if you haven't ran them on different combos to see how they work, it's understandable that you wouldn't know that.

If you know of a better fit for the O.P., then by all means, bring it up. Otherwise, you are just being yourself................as usual.

And by the way, the Street Demons new are about the same price as the CarterBrocks that you mention. And used are about the same price too. Depending on condition. So, who's stretching hard now?
21 783 Read More
Moparts E Body
04/18/24 08:46 PM
1974 Challenger bumper fillers, rare, $75 or reasonable offer
114 6,594 Read More
Moparts E Body
04/18/24 08:44 PM
E-body Stereo wiring and components:

E-body 5 speaker stereo wiring, some cuts of connectors including the rear speaker connector, Nice otherwise, - $85
E-body 3 speaker stereo wiring, no cuts, all connectors present, Nice - $110
E-body stereo crossover, untested but look good, $25

Message me if interested, offers considered, Thanks!
114 6,594 Read More
04/18/24 08:43 PM
Try to find an old Borg and Beck Mcleod 360153 pressure plate and send it to Mcleod. They will rebuild it. Those were good pressure plates that they don't make anymore.
6 274 Read More
04/18/24 08:41 PM
Anyone know if there is a source for a replacement Midland Ross brake booster available for 73 Challenger?
If not, any recommendations on a rebuild service?
Thx,
Wolf
2 38 Read More
04/18/24 08:36 PM
I bought mine from Dantes Mopar Parts.
https://dantesparts.com/i-30499082-mopar-molded-hood-pads-1970-b-body.html?ref=search:https%3A%2F%2Fdantesparts.com%2Fsearch.html%3Fq%3DDMPS-7264-MO655
1 32 Read More
04/18/24 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
AS said its more the availability of aftermarket parts. There are many parts out there to make a 727 live at that power level. With a TH400 there are just more options, kinda like a BBC vs a BBM. Both capable of making power one just has many more options. The one thing you cannot get for a 727 is an SFI case, to me that s a big deal. FWIW my 64 Savoy has a 727 built by Joels on Joy, it makes north of 1000hp. From what I've been told torque is the larger issue with a TF than raw HP. The Vette has an A1 built 727 and it makes a tick over 1100hp. They are both very nice pieces but are not a budget friendly one.

You are correct it's the torque that is the issue vs. the HP level. That said the diesel market is building 47/48RE's that handle over 2000 lb/ft of torque so it's doable , an SFI case would be nice though.
40 2,251 Read More
04/18/24 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by bigdad
I don't want my car to do that .. hard landings $$$

iagree
9 636 Read More
Moparts Full Size
04/18/24 08:10 PM
Selling my 1969 Sport Satellite Pro Street Project. I have had this car since 1996 and it was my daily driver in High School but unfortunately, I do not have the funds or time to finish the project. I am getting out of the military soon and need to start downsizing. The car has been sitting for a while and does have some surface rust, but no metal pitting. I will try to list everything as best as I remember. I have a lot more pictures as well. The pictures are not great, but absolutely everything that was on the car when I was daily driving it is still there in the bins. The only thing I can think of that might be missing is a body wiring harness, belts, and some gaskets maybe. I do have the clean title in hand.

The body:
Paint will need to be finished...jams, engine bay, and hood.
Full Cage with swing outs. Cage is punched through the firewall, not welded to it
Sub-framed
Tubbed
4-Link suspension
Trans Tunnel
POR rust protectant on the underside
DYNAMAT in the interior
All metal work is complete, and all gaps and lines are perfect.
All glass is included; however, it is original and kind of hazy.
Battery re-location kit
Fuel cell and fuel tank included depending on the direction you want to go.
Original seats front and back in perfect condition as well as some Corbeau front seats that need some cleaning.
Original steel hood and Fiberglass lift-off hood
All original Gages, dash, trim, bezels, bumpers, lights, etc. included.
New GTX grill and badging (perfect condition) included as I was going to make it a clone.

The Engine:
Original numbers matching 383 can be included.
440 build - never been assembled, block will need to be tanked for clean-up - all machine works complete. Should spec out around 700 hp when built.
Indy Heads
Indy high rise single plane intake
Eagle Crank
COMP Cam
COMP Roller rockers
ARP Head Stud kit and all gaskets
MDS 6AL Ignition
TTI Ceramic coated headers
All pulleys, pumps, alternators, plugs, ignition wires, etc. included.
727 Transmission – was rebuilt with a shift kit, but probably needs a clean up after sitting

Drivetrain:
Dana 60 with Strange 4.56 Spool - Never used.
Yukon Axles - Never used.
Drag Star Wheels - tires were never used, however are dry-rotted. Good enough to get it home but not good enough to drive on.
Flow master mufflers (don't remember if they are 20 or 30 series)
Strange Coil Overs
Wildwood full brake kit - Never installed.

This is all I can remember for now. I have a lot more pictures available that I can send if anyone is interested. Unfortunately, I am not able to deliver or help much loading due to a recent shoulder surgery. No Trades Please.
1 305 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/18/24 08:03 PM
Loks like a twin to the 57 Ihad but mine was 4 dr.Love the 57s. 58s are ok but the turn signals and tail lights look beter to me on 57s
5 297 Read More
04/18/24 07:54 PM
I have the BB ones on my 440 Been on since 2002 with Stealth heads No problems at all Rocky
3 310 Read More
04/18/24 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
I guess that I don't understand the particular point that you are trying to make.

"Although I'm a fan of the TQ's I've decided staying with one is too much hassle for this application. Going back to a 500 CFM 2 barrel might be best but that would require buying an intake and a carb. At new prices that's approaching EFI throttle body injection like fitech, Holley, etc. So for this reason I am hoping to find a small 4-barrel (600-650 cfm) that fits the intake, is dependable, and pretty much a bolt on and go."

First: The OP likes the ThermoQuad style of carburetors.
Second: The OP wants "a small 4-barrel (600-650 cfm) that fits the intake, is dependable, and pretty much a bolt on and go."

What fits those requests better than the Street Demons? Your swap meet CarterBrock needing a 'kit' does not. Your example is apples to oranges.

You say you are happy with your CarterBrock. Two points on that: First you say your engine is modded. That is different than the OP's application and may, in fact, favor the CarterBrock. Second, have you tried a Street Demon to see if it is a better fit for your combo even though it is 'slightly modded'?

And lastly, Street Demons are on the bag for $100 to $400, you don't have to spend $500. So comparing an exaggerated new price to a swap meet price is again apple to oranges. And wouldn't you think there is a valid reason why the CarterBrocks are so cheap? Cheapest is not necessarily the best, especially when it comes to carbs and even more so when when the preference is for "a bolt on and go" carb.

Just another couple of thoughts. beer

LOL

Someone is stretching hard to push a street demon.

Cheap street demons on Ebay. Probably needs a kit. Probably a reason they are cheap.

Any out of the box universal fit type carb needs tuned to work best, ANY.

Claiming a SD works "out of the box" is no different than the same claim made for an 1406 or an 1850 for that matter.
21 783 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6