WOW a great LS swap there stirthepot wink grin
3 77 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
10/24/24 12:08 AM
these are mine no im not selling
6 229 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
10/24/24 12:07 AM
I see rock auto says 23 min. flow rating. Is this GPH??

CARTER M6866 Specifications
Gasket or Seal Included Yes
Inlet Outside Diameter (MM) 8.0
Inlet Quantity 1
Inlet Type Hose
Maximum Pressure 7
Minimum Flow Rating 23
Minimum Pressure (PS) 5.5
Mounting Hardware Included No
Mounting Hole Quantity 2
Outlet Fitting Thread Size (IN) 1/2-20 UNF-2B
Outlet Quantity 1
Outlet Type Threaded
Pump Type Mechanical
5 135 Read More
10/23/24 11:46 PM
Last I checked the John Scotti dealer had two nearly identical 66 Hemi Belvedere I's, one automatic and one 4 speed. I spoke with Claude Scotti several months back about the 4 speed car and he mentioned that it was the second time they had owned that car. Part of me thought it was too much of a coincidence that the same dealer had both these cars and that maybe they came from the same prior owner.
216 43,823 Read More
10/23/24 11:36 PM
Glyptol works great, have used it on and off for over 20 years
7 187 Read More
Moparts E Body
10/23/24 11:28 PM
NOS lower 72 Cuda Grill insert, comes with original box, 300. or bo, plus shipping can send pictures .
93 8,273 Read More
10/23/24 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by moparacer
Originally Posted by cudatom
Originally Posted by moparacer
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
All the stock 440 blocks have weak main webbing down whiney They will crack, usually between cylinders #1 and3#, if you make above 650 HP and get close to max tune shruggy twocents
Your way better off building a 400 block or buy a new RB race block twocents

What Cab said, and I have never been a fan of the stroker motors with small heads on them.

Unless you are using it to tow to the races.... laugh2

Really just depends on your goals. My 512 definitely falls into what I call a tractor motor. Does exactly what I wanted. Run 11.0 in a heavy vehicle. My wagon is 4200 lbs. I shift at 5400 and next yr will be its 10th season. It's been reliable and maintenance free. I'm sure I just jinxed it but I've definitely gotten my money out of it.

Oh they will definitely work. Especially in a heavy car. Just not optimal for anything with gear and higher rpm.

Completely agree.
10 545 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
10/23/24 11:07 PM
Looks like a good cruiser. Price is high, so one might be tempted to buy a project for 1/4 the price, however you'd blow right past the asking price of this one just getting it painted alone.

Instrument cluster is missing the silver/chrome highlights around the gauge openings I think? Too much black there behind the steering wheel so something is not quite right.
4 177 Read More
10/23/24 11:00 PM
I agree the nylon shrink wrapped looks really good.
Doug
18 784 Read More
Moparts Memorabilia
10/23/24 10:57 PM
2009 Dodge Challenger Brochure NOS, $10 + Shipping. Payment via US Postal Money Order Only! Shipping: US Address Only!
Call Steve 810-629-1097
25 2,290 Read More
10/23/24 10:50 PM
I bought a Dakota 1000 sonic tester years ago and have used it on my own stuff as well as doing sonic testing customers block and other parts they want tested including chrome moly tubing for race car cages work up
I quit buying cheap parts when they almost wreck me, same thing on every other race car parts related work shruggy
3 231 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
10/23/24 10:27 PM
Nice quarter repairs laugh2
1 95 Read More
10/23/24 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by JMCFAN
Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by gtx6970
[quote=VITC_GTX]Getting ready to tackle the cowl rust in the '62 Dart 440. I plan on taking the upper cowl out by drilling out the spot welds to I can get to the lower cowl. I'll need to take out the windshield out to do that.

I
Reinstalling the OEM glass and seal ? - Easy peasy

As long as the seal is still soft and pliable. If its hard and brittle like a lot of old seals are, easy is deffenately not the correct descriptive word for the installation.

I had a glass company install with a new seal on my Roadrunner..... it took them 2 hours...and they were not happy..... lol

When the rubber doesn't fit, the install is a nightmare.

My son has a 57 Dodge wagon. It needs a new windshield (plenty OEM versions are available) but the only company that offers the rubber tells you it doesn't fit well. That company recommends you locate a car with a good pliable rubber gasket! His windshield doesn't leak, and the rubber on his 67 year old car is still soft, but he is concerned about it leaking with the new glass. The glass installer he will need to use is the same guy that installed the corner windows on my 49.

I plan on buying the gasket from Detroit Muscle Technologies. I think they are a sponsor here on Moparts. I hope the gasket fits and works well!!
8 246 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
10/23/24 10:13 PM
Yeah the electronics were replaced 80k ago.... When it was rebuilt. No check engine light or anything and it's intermittent when it acts right vs acts stupid so I'm not thinking it's a gov sensor or solenoid issue. I could be wrong though.
9 347 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
10/23/24 10:01 PM
what is the factory applied orange on the modern hemi. its not race hemi orange it looks more like a dull pumpkin orange, anyone know??
0 36 Read More
Street Rodders
10/23/24 09:36 PM
What I found online, https://servicingmanuals.com/cars/dodge/dakota/

Fuel Level Sensor: Description and Operation
CIRCUIT OPERATION
The fuel level sensor is a variable resistor. Circuit G4 connects the fuel level sensor to the fuel
gauge in the instrument cluster. Circuit F14 from fuse 14 in the fuse block supplies voltage to the
fuel gauge. The fuel level sensor draws voltage from circuit F14 through the fuel gauge on circuit
G4.
As current flows through the coils in the fuel gauge, it creates a magnetic field. One of the coils in
the gauge receives fixed current. The other coil is connected to the level sensor. The magnetic field
controls the position of the fuel gauge pointer.
The fuel level sensor contains a variable resistor. As the position of the float arm on the fuel level
sensor changes, the resistor changes the current flow through the second coil in the fuel gauge. A
change in current flow alters the magnetic field in the fuel gauge, which changes the pointer
position.
Circuit G8 from the level sensor connects to cavity C26 of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
Circuit G8 provides the fuel level input to the PCM. Circuit K4 provides ground for the signal.
Circuit Z1 provides the ground path for the fuel level sensor.

Testing

Fuel Gauge: Testing and Inspection
1. Place ignition switch in On position, then disconnect fuel gauge sending unit connector at top of
tank and observe gauge. Needle should move to
or remain at low end of scale.
2. Connect a jumper wire between sending unit ground cavity and gauge input cavity in body half of
sending unit connector and observe gauge.
Needle should move to high end of scale.
3. If needle performs as specified, replace fuel gauge sending unit; if not, proceed as follows:
a. Remove jumper wire and place ignition switch in Off position, then disconnect battery ground
cable. b. Check for continuity between sending unit ground cavity in body half of sending unit
connector and ground. If continuity exists, continue with
procedure; if not, repair ground circuit as necessary.
c. Remove instrument cluster and bezel, then disconnect printed circuit No. 1 connector 1 and
probe connector cavity H for continuity to ground.
If continuity exists, repair short as necessary; if not, continue with procedure.
d. Check for continuity between cavity H and gauge input cavity of sending unit body half
connector. If continuity exists, replace fuel gauge; if
not, repair open circuit as necessary
1 47 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
10/23/24 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by TWS
Mopar Matt > Matt Cholak > Matthew Wayne Cholak. I remember finding him online just a few years ago. Are we sure he has passed away?

This is who I'm thinking of

https://www.facebook.com/matt.cholak.5

That's the dark-haired guy I met in St. Ignace way back.

Sorry to hear he passed away.
24 2,858 Read More
10/23/24 08:46 PM
well done . cant imagine how more difficult that style of racing is

Tex
23 1,271 Read More
10/23/24 08:38 PM
Well, I did fab a cool chin spoiler
2 170 Read More
10/23/24 08:02 PM
One of the intakes looks just like the one you have, the other, also a Wieand, is roughly an inch shorter.
21 1,554 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/23/24 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Twostick
I've seen Super Stock pulling tractors split them lengthwise above the crank. Crankcase stays in the chassis with the rods and pistons flapping in the breeze and the head with the cylinders still attached is elswhere/under the tractor.

Earth shattering kaboom!

Kevin

"...elsewhere." From what I've seen on YouTube, 'elsewhere' seems to be about two counties over. Pretty sure some a them guys ain't gonna be happy until they've put half a cylinder head into low-earth orbit.
15 989 Read More
10/23/24 07:21 PM
Did you hook up the ammeter? I think all the power from bulkhead connector goes to ammeter then it goes out from there.
1 117 Read More
10/23/24 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by mopar dave
Yep, just a bit more grinding and a tapered tap to get the tube to screw in all the way. I think i will use a thin paper gasket under the adaptor, glued on with Indianhead . That should keep it in place. Anyone know the torque spec on the adaptor screws? Thanks to 440Jim, it will be internal oiled.

From my build notes, I used Loctite on the ΒΌ allen head bolts (socket head cap screws) and torqued to 100 lb-in.
572 B1 org Part 5 - Build Notes [block oil pickup hole]

No more than 120 lb-in (10 lb-ft).

52 3,101 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
10/23/24 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by 71TA
I enjoy reading about others retirement. I'll literally have to keep working till the end so I don't have to eat dog food.

I told a buddy of mine I have to work until noon the day of my funeral. He said that's nothing, I have to drive myself to the cemetery.

Kevin
17 1,913 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7