Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts Truck / Vans / Jeep / Willys
07/14/24 08:43 PM
Looking for some parts for my most recent acquisition. 1987 Dodge D-150 short bed. Need grill surround, 2 black sun visors with brackets and hardware, black bench seat, and 4 10" hubcaps. As close to Virginia as possible please. Thanks for the ad.
4 375 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
07/14/24 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Originally Posted by racerx
Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Originally Posted by racerx
Is that a 1.26-foot braking? In your video it looks like your bars never hit. shruggy
Correct, it was stumbling so bad it didn't hit the bars all weekend. Yes, footbrake

That car should be low 20's-teens on the brake smoke
Yes, I believe it will go high teens in 60ft once sorted-out which includes new tires and in good air. There is a list of things I will be doing that'll make it faster and IMO it'll go 8.3x at 2815# again in good air. Bigger carbs on Q16, a chin spoiler. better driving and shift replace the 90/140 Amsoil diif fluid with something thinner, increase spark timing and some carb tuning. maybe move the cam back a degree or 2. replace 50w oil with 30wt etc

Sounds like all good changes , plus fall air is coming !
37 2,429 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/14/24 08:37 PM
I saw a guy wandering around with "Petty blue" ones and I thought he was gay !!
1 227 Read More
Moparts E Body
07/14/24 08:33 PM
1970 1971 BARRACUDA CUDA CHALLENGER
VARIABLE SPEED WIPER SWITCH

OEM Part# 2770380

used has wear....Passed continuity tests & works!!!

...All electrical prongs tabs are intact & in GREAT SHAPE!!!

...150. + shipping
Contact me at pursuitison@live.com
9 1,139 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
07/14/24 08:33 PM
The flathead V8 Fords were famous for cracking from the head bolts to the water jacket. Flathead fans just ignore them, once they crack nothing further happens. But that is a a low power level application. If your engine is a pure street use, I wouldn't even sleeve the block, I'd just use a sealer like Bars Leaks and be done with it. Subaru recommends using a coolant system sealer with coolant changes because of the head gasket problems they've had. If this is a competition engine, I think you've outlined your options.
1 33 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
07/14/24 08:22 PM
Early 10 spline 1350 yoke for Dana 60. Like new, barely used. $85 shipped lower 48. Postal money order. Pm me here.
37 4,683 Read More
07/14/24 08:20 PM
Recently switched from plate to a direct port . I went Friday to Lebanon Valley for a radial prep test and tune . I upped the jet a little and it worked out to about 300pph more ( roughly 80 hp )
Wow what a difference because it was a lot more violent . After playing with rear shocks and timing got it to go down . Wheelie control was on for .6 in the 60’ but it still went 1.16 . Air was horrible with 113 water grains .
0 44 Read More
Transmission and Differential
07/14/24 08:20 PM
Early 10 spline 1350 yoke for Dana 60. Like new, barely used. $85 shipped lower 48. Postal money order. Pm me here.
9 883 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
07/14/24 08:16 PM
Good thing I've lost your address - or I'd have a Christmas prank on its way in December laugh2
beer
6 430 Read More
07/14/24 08:12 PM

If the front seal is the leak source, the leakage will stop shortly after shutting down the engine and fluid level won't be an issue with further leakage.
20 1,259 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/14/24 08:12 PM
GM saved a few bucks per car cheaping out, and screwed their reputation for all time.
Pity, because I drove a new one (rented) when they came out, and liked it - handled well for its time, looked nice, and seemed decent.
Went through 4 Pintos in the '70s - company cars, stick hatchbacks - and had a lot of fun in them.
Again, they saved a couple bucks per car and paid millions in settlements...
16 763 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/14/24 08:06 PM
That and Mechanics Illustrated - I've always been a curious sort, I guess.

Funny story: when the new C/K pickups came out for 1988, one of them announced it with a white Dually on the cover.
I saw that with a buddy, and told him "I'm gonna have one of those some day" - best-looking truck I'd ever seen.
A few years later, bought one from another buddy, same color & all...still have it & still love the thing.
3 161 Read More
07/14/24 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by 67vertman
Originally Posted by moparx
i have so many cans and bins full of nuts and bolts saved over 60 years or so, i should just toss 'em all and buy new ones when i need one. biggrin
but of course i can't bring myself to do it............ panic
beer

Don't do it. I moved twice in two years, and gleaned down my coffee cans full of nuts and bolts....Just the other day I needed just two nuts and bolts, that would have been in the cans, but alas I had to drive to the Hardware store.... flame

Let your inheritors be the ones who throw them away..... up

my "inheritors" already hate me for having too much "stuff". laugh2
beer
18 902 Read More
07/14/24 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by A727Tflite
Originally Posted by moparx
could one take a "ball nosed" allen key and cut a slight relief behind the ball to effectively use that as an adjustment tool ?
beer

I thought you are a machinist. Sounds pretty simple for a guy like you.

i am, and yes, that would be super easy to do.
i was wondering about the length needed to reach the adjustment screws, and still be able to easily grasp and turn the key while the engine is running.
i should have asked what the length of the tool needed to be.
sorry.
beer
13 765 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/14/24 07:29 PM
cool pics, thanks for posting!
36 1,325 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/14/24 07:23 PM
I see victims daily and it's so sad!!!! A lot of elderly scammed out of thousands of dollars frown

Two days ago it was an elderly woman scammed of $6000, believing she was talking to the Sheriff's Department and had a warrant for her arrest and if she did not immediately pay the $6k they were coming to take her in custody. The phishing phone number on her caller ID was the S.O. phone number so she believed it.

Always be skeptical and don't do anything on the phone!
4 356 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/14/24 07:18 PM
Okay thank you very much. I had similar experience with CME on the phone. I ended up going with Muscle Motors in Michigan and been very happy with 408 stroker. I guess they went out of business during or before COVID frown
V
2 206 Read More
Moparts B Body
07/14/24 06:36 PM
Anyone have a 961 radiator in excellent condition? New, repro? Thanks. Send a PM.
6 948 Read More
07/14/24 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Incorrect dish, wrong spoke cover length, wrong finish, wrong center cap, no foam, wrong diameter wheel, wrong diameter of grip......

It's a simple round piece of metal cut by a machine, with foam glued to it: ffs's what is so hard about doing an exact copy of an original? Especially for the price they are asking. shruggy

I've been asking that question ever since the first repop Tuff wheel hit the market.
20 1,267 Read More
07/14/24 05:58 PM
Congrats!
11 659 Read More
07/14/24 05:28 PM
Trade it in for a Demon.
22 2,471 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
07/14/24 05:20 PM
I saw something that Ed who runs the show was going to make a big announcement about the 2025 show anyone know what it was?
36 3,333 Read More
07/14/24 05:17 PM
Claims to be sold. I bet that was a great looking wagon one day when it was in it's original color.
4 467 Read More
07/14/24 05:14 PM
Great looking car. I've always loved Darts. I love the color combo on this one. One thing I have always thought is this; if I'm gonna have a BB Dart and deal with the extra weight up front, etc. I'm going to have the cubic inches of a 440. I'd actually rather have a 340 Dart than a 383, but that's just me.
1 143 Read More
07/14/24 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moparite
I'd bet the idle speed controller is nfg. You can probably just crank up idle speed for now.

The idle speed is controlled by the pcm. They are a motor and do wear out and don't work.
It has a bad off idle stumble, and won't rev up enough to hardly move the truck when it's under load

Check your fuel pressure and see if you don't have a blocked exhaust(cat). I had 90 with 60K on it when i got it. I drove up to 200K and only replaced the idle motor, fuel filter(it's external) and the fuel pump. Other than normal plug/oil changes had no issues with it. There is a procedure to set the idle motor if you replace it. If you have a fuel issue the carb swap may have the same problem.

Thank you for the info. I did manage to get the truck back to where I park it with my tractor, so the need isn't as urgent now. I did pull the fuel line off at the throttle body and watched it as I turned the key to see if the pump worked. It did spurt a little fuel out, but I would think it would keep pumping until it built pressure. I may be thinking wrong though. I can hear the pump come on, just like always. My next move is to check the fuel filter and maybe bypass it to see if that will make the truck run. The truck has just sat for years, only yard driving when I needed it to move firewood on my property. I will tinker with it and see if I can figure out what the problem is now that I'm armed with the info y'all have given me. Hopefully, the truck will be my winter project this year to install the 5.9 Magnum and 518 transmission, 8 3/4 truck rearend with 3.55 SG. If it's the idle motor or anything else expensive, I won't throw the money at that problem since the 318 TBI is coming out soon.
6 353 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7