Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts Question and Answer
04/19/24 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by hooziewhatsit
Sounds like he doesn't want to run the current for the trailer lights through the wiring in the truck?

Having the 4 wires to the trailer triggering their own relays would work. Though it would be overkill, unless he has a few kw of lights.

I have a small fuse block inline with the wiring to the trailer. If a wire on the trailer shorts out, it will hopefully blow that fuse, keeping the lights on the truck functional.

Thank you too for the input, I am not one to rely on "hopefully" although a standalone fuse panel was considered.
15 534 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/19/24 04:28 PM
There's the standards, McLeod, Ram, etc, then there's the real good race clutch builders...Advanced Clutches (NOT Advanced technologies), https://www.advancedclutches.com. Contact Rob Youngblood (owner) for help, he's good!
1 41 Read More
04/19/24 04:27 PM
Thank you 340six, Cab_Burge, ruderunner and crackedback for reading the entire post and answering or giving input related to the question. I appreciate it more than you guys know. I figured the system Cab described was what I needed but didn't want to presume it.

Cab_Burge do I need to run a wire from the switch all the way back or will just tapping the light wires serve as the trigger? Just ensuring I'm correct that I will only use 3 of the pins on each relay for this project.

Crackedback was it you that built or builds the headlight isolation harnesses? If so is it needed if I'm running LED headlights?
15 534 Read More
04/19/24 04:22 PM
case is 16 " overall is 23. i have looked around and found some close but no way of knowing if the pipe centerlines will match
3 81 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/19/24 04:17 PM
I'm remembering a Turbine Bronze '68 Road Runner Hemi 4-speed Decor coupe in Iowa I passed on, because its right quarter needed some cosmetic work...
That was in 1983. Other than the quarter, it was a running, driving, and decent car.
The guy wanted $10,000 firm for it...
2 188 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 04:12 PM
Do these aftermarket companies, develop and build the converters from scratch?
Or are they modified rebuilds of factory design and parts?
11 641 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 04:10 PM
Number one problem when a GM starter just clicks and doesn't turn over is the solenoid. Number two problem when that happens is bad brushes. If you can rap the starter with a hammer and it cranks over, suspect it needs brushes. A jumper wire will cover up a lot of sins by delivering more voltage which just covers up the problem, but doesn't solve it. Either way, I'd rebuild the original starter if you want reliabilty, since many parts store rebuilds are carp. Another solution is replacing the old starter with a brand new super small PMGR starter. There are many later model cars that use them and older cars can be retrofitted, especially if the car or truck in question has a HEI distributor. The PMGR starters usually require different starter specific bolts, due to the having metric size mounting holes and the block having US spec threads. Some starters come with the needed bolts, some don't. Number of teeth on flywheel/flexplate determines whether a straight across or angled bolt pattern is used. Here's a PDF on Remy starters that can be interchanged.

Linky -->PMGR Remy Chevrolet starter info.

A 1970 Monte Carlo came with points, and a PMGR starter that has the "R" terminal would be needed. If the distributor has been replaced with an HEI, the "R" terminal on the starter is not needed.

6 100 Read More
04/19/24 04:07 PM
Yep, but you could still fab pretty easy if you had to.
7 138 Read More
04/19/24 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by 70sixpkrt
You might want to call Kramer Auto. I bought might from them about 5 years ago and still reads good. At that time, they recalibrated and made sure it worked before shipping it out. You have to call them because some of the sending units are not listed.
http://www.kramerauto.com

I've dealt with Jim Kramer many times, I actually bought my 'Cuda from him. He's a great guy and honest, but it seems a little hard to get in touch with him lately.
6 270 Read More
04/19/24 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by SportF
I've got these. I'll be in the midwest at races this summer, where are you from?

PM sent
16 798 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/19/24 03:43 PM
Exhaust is tack'd in place. Starting with the OE Magnum manifolds, used most of the OE Jeep system plus a couple sections of 2" and 2.5" tubing here and there, rerouted to go around the relocated trans crossmember etc, and will final weld after the rest of the chassis is done. Fuel system plumbing is next, the brake lines, then the body goes on for mods.

Gonna be neat to hear how the Mag 360 sounds with the Jeeps' muffler and resonator - bet it sounds good. Anyway, progress.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

trans crossmember was moved back about 5 inches to line up with the longer unit (was at the blue arrow, now at the orange), and now everything clears 'clean' -
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...eliminated a 'flattened' area here I think originally for track bar clearance -
[Linked Image]

also...if this is just not the kind of reading material enjoyed in here just let me know - doesn't seem to be much interest and I won't mind saving the time to post it...
18 1,226 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/19/24 03:42 PM
...there's more room around the firewall than I thought there'd be - have to bolt up the magnum manifolds first but I'm thinking I'll move the engine back another half inch and up at least 1 inch for more suspension clearance, maybe 2 -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

the OE radiator coolant reservoir is right smack in the way of the power steering pump and serpentine setup, so that'll have to be relocated, but so far it's the only thing causing any 'interference' issues...and that ain't bad -
[Linked Image]
18 1,226 Read More
04/19/24 03:39 PM

I’d rather run what I can afford and race weekly rather than not being able to race again. I like racing to much to sit at home. [/quote]

So do you condone what Speedmaster did to this guy in the name of getting cheap parts?
34 3,011 Read More
04/19/24 03:37 PM
I am probably due for a new hood pad. My original is starting to have pieces of of droop downward.
3 120 Read More
04/19/24 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by EV2RTSE
You might also check with Harmon and see what their turnaround time is, I've used them a couple of times now (70 Challenger Bendix) and they've always gotten them done very quickly. Pricing runs a little more than Dewey but the work seems to be first rate also. They're in Georgia so shipping back and forth will be a little quicker. That Midland Ross is not one you're likely to find rebuilt in a box ready to buy anywhere.

https://harmonclassicbrakes.com/

I called and looks like this source is going to be my fastest solution.
Thanks for the link!
Wolf
4 96 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 03:35 PM
i was surprised to hear that on last nights news.
R.I.P. sir ! i really enjoyed your musical contribution to society.
angel
2 137 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 03:33 PM
one of my main concerns on the used ones were being wore out and needing expensive repairs.
beer
3 216 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 03:30 PM
TCI = T[otal C[rap] I[nside] biggrin
beer
11 641 Read More
04/19/24 03:27 PM
My list of criteria would be (if I didn’t have a cheap head! 🤣🤣)
1) fit
2) weight

The less weight you have flailing around attached to your head the better.
43 3,650 Read More
04/19/24 03:20 PM
I like Pypes race pros’ I picked up 2/10’s changing to them from the muffler you have been running. Also lost the drone that it had at 2500 rpm. Do not get the violators, they are loud and sound horrible.
3 81 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 03:20 PM
What used to be, and what currently is may be completely different these days, but you used to be able to replace the solenoid on the old GM starters. You have to remove the starter from the car to replace the solenoid.
That said, I have to wonder if since someone ran a wire down to the starter, if the problem lays elsewhere (unless the starter is a royal pain to change). I'm betting the extra wire you spoke of bypasses everything between the battery and the starter. Someone didn't know how to chase down the problem, or couldn't find the problem, so they just added the extra wire. It is possible that simply replacing the extra wire with another will make it work "like it always has".

Personally, if it was mine, I'd replace the starter as a starting point, if its still the original, its spent a lot of time just sitting, or it could be completely wore out. You will have to pull it out to do just about anything with it, I probably would not put that old starter back in without a complete rebuild unless you know its full history. We have places in our town that actually rebuild the old starters and alternators, might be better then the new Chiniseum stuff on the market these days.
6 100 Read More
04/19/24 03:18 PM
You might want to call Kramer Auto. I bought might from them about 5 years ago and still reads good. At that time, they recalibrated and made sure it worked before shipping it out. You have to call them because some of the sending units are not listed.
http://www.kramerauto.com
6 270 Read More
04/19/24 03:18 PM
Anyone know a good source for hp clutch rebuilders?
1 41 Read More
04/19/24 03:15 PM
I would recommend the 650 AVS 2, no carb is ideal OOTB. The AVS2 would probably need a rod change at most. If someone is unwilling to loosen two screws and change the rods or read the chart. maybe a carb is not for them. I just don’t think the OP is going to freak out over slight tuning of the carb. If you can install the carb, you can tune it.
25 898 Read More
04/19/24 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Speedmaster. Part number prefix PCE. Pro Comp Electronics. Remember them? Pirates from way back.

Doesn't matter. Looks like Speedmaster has been scrubbed from Summit and Jegs. Probably afraid of the legal ramifications of selling the crap. I guess guys will have to go to Amazon, eBay and other quality retailers for their products moving forward.

I get mine shipped right from Speedmaster79. Gonna finish a set this weekend and start porting another set by Monday. 2.055 valve so they will flow 308-315cfm when finished.

Eddy clones? Decent? Seats fall out? Guides out of whack? Leak water? Anyone try to weld on them?

I’d rather run what I can afford and race weekly rather than not being able to race again. I like racing to much to sit at home.
34 3,011 Read More
Page 1 of 190 1 2 3 189 190