While 2K paints are good, I'd not recommend 2K paints for most home painters for several reasons.

1. Low priced paint jobs should generally be done on low priced vehicles. Low priced vehicles usually won't last more than a few years. (Why put a 10+ year paint job on a car which will only last 3-5 years?)

2. 2K paints are much more expensive, dangerous, and difficult to apply.

3. Older cars originally painted with synthetic or acrylic enamel will look period correct with an enamel paint.

If anyone still decides to apply 2K paints at home, be aware that if the garage is attached to a home, isocyanates could get into the home through any cracks, openings, etc. between the garage and house.

Z1ppy, My limited understanding of paint chemisty is that paint formulated for spray application will often contain different solvents. There are solvent(s) which help to atomise the paint when it's sprayed. These solvents often separate from the paint betweeen the paint gun and the painted surface. Then other solvents in the paint allow the paint to level and flow out on the painted surface.

When Brushing or rolling paint formulated for spray application, the solvents which atomize the paint will be in the paint film applied to the painted surface. These solvents may affect how the paint cures or performs long term. (What kind of effect, whether the effect is significant or measureable is unknown)

I'd be very, very grateful if you can share the results of your experiments!! I have a little painting project in a few weeks. It's one of those deals where masking the areas which are not be be painted will take many times longer than the actual painting process. Brushing the paint would be SO MUCH easier!!!!

Incidently, the company which makes the brightside marine paint also makes a 2K brushable paint. It was mentioned a long time ago in this, or one of the previous, threads. Seems like someone posted that it's not a whole lot better than the brightside paint. It is more expensive, more dangerous, and I believe harder to apply. Maybe someone who knows more about this can post some details.