[quote

Marq,
Just curious about what sort of brake cleaning spray you're talking about. The aerosol brake cleaner that I have used evaporates really fast. Forget 20 minutes, 60 seconds is more like it.

Just curious. I've never sprayed this stuff on a painted surface (for obvious reasons), so maybe it behaves differently there. Just trying to make sure I'm not missing anything...

-- Dan

I am pretty sure we are both talking about the same type of spray bomb brake cleaner. And you are right, it does evaporate pretty quickly and a 20 minute wait may be a bit of an overkill

The aerosol brake cleaning spray is pretty potent when it lands on fresh paint or fairly recently painted surfaces. It can literally lift the paint or send it into elephantitist ( where the freshly painted surface wrinkles up ). Hehehehe... don't use a dictionary to look up the word elephantitist or you will get a shiver up your backbone

On a fully cured painted surface, like the original manufacturers paint job that you would usually find under a hood, trunk or in a door jam, the brake cleaning spray would 'normally' just eat away any waxes, dirt, dust, oil and other such things that might get sprayed up in the engine compartment.