Quote:

Has anyone done any tests on the Temclad and Rustoleum paints to see how they hold up to spilled fuel and other chemicals?

i can tell you from real expirence that i have spilt just about everything on my paint over the last 7yrs, gas, brake fluid, tranny fluid (don't ask ) and i have yet to stain/damage the paint in any way. Once i was filling up at the gas station, and it was a really hot day (about 110*F) retarded hot in the sun, as the tank came full, for some reason the pump would'nt shut off, and i sprayed my entire car (hood, fenders, door, everything) pulling out the nozzle and throwing it on the ground where it continued to spray. I used the window washer squeege at the station to get most of the gas off the car, and when i got home (about 3 hours later) washed the car. Paint was still perfect. I also painted a motorcycle (old kawi) about 15yrs ago with black tremclad, and have allways spilt gas on the tank for the last 15yrs and the paint.....you guessed it looks great.

Here's the first car i painted with the "roller", my now wife actually came up with the idea, i was at my dad's cottage and he had a can of tremclad gloss black, and some sponge rollers in the garage, he was painting the 2-door on the cottage. So i pulled my 1985 Honda CRX into the garage, scuffed the paint with 400, and my wife was painting the inside of the doors while i was rollering the body. The old paint was horrible, scratched, and very faded. Well in 1 DAY we painted the CRX, these are the only pics i have of the car that i scanned, enjoy!!!!

i drove that car for 3 yrs, and over 300000kms!!! while going to school in NOrth Bay, Ontario, Canada!!!! If any of you don't know where North Bay is, let me tell you it SNOWS like crazy up there, there was times that i did'nt see my car for weeks because it was under snow!!!.