Quote:

Well I started over..again. I pretty much ruined the paint job after burning the edges. Doing so made me REALLY understand the concept of wetsanding and leveling the surface and what marc was trying to explain.

Before I started to paint, I prepped the surface by sanding most of the hood with 220g. The edge still had clearcoat on it. I painted over it. big mistake.

It's always a bummer when you take one step forward and then two steps backward.

One nice thing is that your adventure up to now could pay big dividends in the next round. Believe it or not each victory and setback has honed your ninja prepping and painting skills. So this next round will benefit from all the hands on experience you have gained so far.

In a way, all of us have gone through minor setbacks that we had to overcome. And I don't think you are the first to reversse engines and start over at square one to improve on the paint job. My nightmare was the trunklid - which for some reason kept pulling all kinds of unexpected antics on me ( which was quite inconsistent with how well the hood and side panels had gone ). At one point I was ready to yank the trunk off the car, jump up and down on it a couple of times, and then go to a junk yark and pick up another trunk lid which might be less jinxed.

But in the end I conquered the evil trunk lid. And believe me... that is one of the greatest satisfactions that you can take away from this paint job in the end. There is a real sense of personal satisfaction when your efforts finally win over whatever adversity the hood may throw at you.

So good luck. We are all silently cheering you on.

Marq.

Last edited by Marq; 02/17/08 10:16 PM.