Quote:

I will say that acetone versus mineral spirits has been discused way way back. Mineral spirits won, acetone flashed " evaporated " to fast to allow the paint to level out.

Yeah I've been reading as much as I can but I didn't get to that part. I was hearing so many different opinions and I just wanted to start getting familiar with the equipment. I think I got a bad taste for mineral spirits when I stupidly jumped in and added a boat load to some rustoleum I had lying around, dumped it into a compressor fed HVLP gun and started painting like it's 1999. The compressor was small and not powerful enough to atomize the paint properly. I read a post on set up of the gun and tried to set it up to those specks, but I didn't really understand the physics of what was going on and needless to say, it was like somebody drank a bunch of yellow milk and threw up everywhere. I tend to throw myself at the wolves when starting out, pick myself back up, spray on some bactine and throttle back. I think I need to revisit the mineral spirits, because I unfairly cast a little blame on it. No hard feelings right mineral spirits? See!...We can all get along.