Well after practicing on a trunk lid which I posted here last Summer,I found the opportunity to try this method on a car.My Son will be driving soon,and I had this low milage 87 LeSabre that my Brother let sit for a couple of years. I fixed it up and got it road worthy,but as in most late 80's early 90's cars the car had peeling on the roof,trunk,and hood.The sides where good,so I decided since I'll never match the Charcoal gray,I'll two tone it with Black.

Using the Rustoleum method I finished her up yesterday,which took a couple of weeks because of weather and work. It came out very good,but as I had read in earlier posts I encountered some hazing in spots. Now,I read posts that said the reason for this is there's no hardner in the paint,let the paint cure before buffing,and use better polishing compounds along with PC 7424.

What I don't understand,is why my roof came out almost flawless while my hood and trunk have the dreaded hazing.Like others,looks good from 5ft, but as you close in the cloudiness appears.I used Turtle wax polisher and a Craftmens rotary polisher,but put the terry bonnet over a foam one to prevent me from burning through.

Did I miss a post about conclusions on hazing?
Should I wait a couple of weeks and polish again?
Here are some pics,thanks for reading.

HERE IS THE HAZING ON THE TRUNK AND HOOD.