Quickdodge you hit it square on the head EVERY paint system will fail and the sun is punishing to paint here. Time till destruction and the amount of money spent are really the two main factors. Plus when it comes to paint its just about like mechanic work if you can do it yourself your better of. My 2 experiances with repaint shops have not been that good (1)(local independent shop) My 78 had good shine and little peel but they did have a few big ol fish eyes and a sag that looked like they painted over a couple slugs getten it on. Since it was getten a color change they painted the jams and oversprayed the whole interrior, white vinyl with a dusting of Burgundy ....nice... (2)factobake, dads 1992 conversion van with their top dollar job. The hard to get to spots they just didn't, between front window and roof drip rail peeling off, the roof was nearly skipped and it shows. So to draw to a close the car I am painting (rolling) Would NEVER be taken to a shop for a couple reasons and money is a big part of it, and until this method was put forth it would have stayed in its factory Auto Paint that had already grenaded so this method seems more than adequate and I hope I can pull it off. I fully realize that for around $1000-$2000 I can get it painted but would a $1K-$2k paint job really be that good evan with REAL AUTO paint.