marq,

Cool ideas!
I just used the rattle can to temporary cover the bare spots where I sanded the primer yesterday. I will sand it off today before I roll on another coat of primer. Being close to the ocean, as soon as the night dew hits bare metal, you get surface rust.

I put a second coat of hunter green on the shell this morning and it is already looking very good. I am going to go back to the very early posts and see what the pioneers got after a second coat. I am not having much trouble with bubbles and very little orange peel so I must have the mix close to right.

I do have a question about roller pressure. I saw where you should go over it with just the weight of the roller after laying the paint but how hard to you press the roller when applying the paint. It makes a big difference on how thick the paint is.

And while I am typing, the center of the shell is getting roller over-lap which makes it darker, will that go away as I get more paint on?

Lessons learned, I paint outside because there is a lot less dust there (at least on a nice calm day like today). But yesterday's coat that I put on in the garage had a fair amount of dust and crap in the paint even tho I washed down the garage as best as I could--too much junk to fire hose it .

Regardless of how the truck turns out, the shell is going to far outshine my loftiest expectaions!
john