Quote:

thanks again... i plan on using ace rust stop safety orange (i think its the same as rustoleum) for my job on the cav. gonna do it one panel at a time, first im going to do the front bumper and rear first (cause its a new body kit so why not) then the side skirts... followed by the body. i might have to paint outside and i live on a gravel driveway (not a good thing) so i might get my friends dads garage.

The only thing that stalled me when reading this was the mention of the ACE brand anti-rust paint... as I am not sure how successful it has been in this application. Since you haven't bought the ACE paint yet... maybe there is still time for you to source out a supplier for the Tremclad / Rustoleum or some of the other brands of paint where there has been confirmed success ?

I always shudder when I hear products that are touted by shop merchants as being "...just as good as..." or "....its almost the same thing.." hehhehhehhe....

My favorite story in that vain was the time I bought tires at SEARS and the shop guy said... "... their house brand of tires were made by Michelin Tires and they were just as good as the top of the line Michelin's..." What a lie. Within 36 hours of putting those 'knock off' tires on my car the wife lost control of the car accelerating onto the highway. Fortunately no damage done. But she DEMANDED I take those tires back IMMEDIATELY and go get Goodrich or REAL Michelins. I complied.

I wish I could remember which 'brand name' company use to use the advertising phrase
"... Accept no substitutes... "