Quote:

KIRKER!

that is the brand that someone posted a link, but i can't remember if it was acrylic enamel clearcoat...
does that sound right?

i planned on having it sprayed

also, i didn't want to risk not sanding between coats, and having the paint wasted...i would really like to get a few coats on first then d.a. it down and get a smoother coat...

thanks for the help.

There's nothing more frustrating than getting to like your 4th coat of paint and accidentally sanding all the way through to the undercoat. Except maybe having this happen on your 8th or 10th coat. Then you gotta try to build the paint back up to the same thickness as the surrounding areas, let it dry for a week or so, and then try to make it blend in.

I think I have spent half my time trying to fix areas where I sanded through, and then having the paint not stick or go on really rough. If I could have just avoided that one problem, I'd have been done two weeks ago.

As it is, I have easily 100 hours into this project, and I still have to wet sand the areas I repainted (and hope I don't burn through again) and then use the polisher and hope I don't burn through with that either.