About a month ago I purchased Little Antropov and it needed a paint job. I had no clue or experience at all about painting a vehicle, talked to a few guys and offered to paint it for a $1000. I thought, wow, that's more than what I paid for it, I needed to find another alternative. Enter.......the internet, on how to paint your own vehicle. After stumbling upon this thread and the man that started it all (69chargeryeehaa) who I'd like to thank for keeping that extra $950.00 in my bank account, I spent days reading and researching this method, which totally freaked me out. I never thought of painting a vehicle myself, let alone with a 4" foam roller. I had to let out a laugh every once in awhile while I read each post. So, I got all pumped about it, went out and purchased all that was recommended and followed each step as best as I could and man, let me tell you, if you're looking for a good paint job and to also save your money, try this out, you won't be disappointed. I'm always getting compliments on my vehicle's paint job, and to be honest, I actually rushed it. Being my first attempt, the whole process took me a week, which I thought was fairly quick. Next time around I'll put more into it, especially the prep work. I even planned on doing a couple of more coats, but it was getting a little chilly in the garage.(not heated) , so I thought, ah, looks better than it did when I bought it, and that's all I wanted anyways. Again, thanks to 69chargeryeehaa and all the others for the valuable information on how to paint your car on a budget. Cheers!
Here are some pics...............................