Quote:

Quote:

We have also been experimenting with hardeners, which real seem to help on the final results.

Can you summarize what is known about the hardeners?

I was one of the first here to paint my car with Brightside, no hardener, and even now (3+ years later??) I can make a mark in the paint with my fingernail.

My car is garaged all the time, and I don't drive it much, but I wonder if sun exposure would harden it. Something tells me it's about as hard as it's going to get at this point, having spent 3 summers in a garage that gets up to 110 degrees or so on the hottest days.

The problem with the paint staying soft is usually too thick of layers when you paint, or not letting it dry long enough between layers. What happens is the surface flashes and traps the volatiles underneath. It never completely hardens.

Sun might help, but I doubt it. It probably also doesn't shine up nearly as good as it could if its that soft.

Hardener reacts with the volatiles and the enamel, acting as a catalyst that chemically changes them, so no trapped volatiles and a much harder paint