I'm having a problem with the buffing stage - can anyone help?

I finally worked up the nerve to try this method with the Rustoleum and started with my truck's tailgate. Everything went exactly as 69charger-guy said it would waaayyyy back in part one of this discussion and I followed his directions accordingly.

Once I had that 6th and final coat on, I was really impressed. It had such a deep shine, I was tempted to just stop right there, but if you looked closely you could still see tiny little bumps from where the bubbles popped as well as some brush strokes (er...roller strokes I mean), so I decided to go ahead and wet sand a final time with 1500 grit and then break out the orbital buffer.

Problem is, it seems like I've been buffing forever...REPETEDLY...and its just not quite bringing back that deep shine, like how it looks if you wipe the surface down with the mineral spirits to test what it should look like.

In part 1, 69charger said "use a buffing bonnet and turtle wax polishing compound. do the whole car with this, and i'm telling u,depending on the amount of time and paitence you have, the results are amazing".

Am I just not being patient enough or am I doing something wrong? Should I be using something other than a terry-cloth bonnet on my orbital buffer in order to cut quicker? Help!