Quote:

I put chargers VW picture with the Harley truck. Pretty close. Of course, I'll jump over to a ford dealer and try to get something with the color on it to match the Rustoleum orange with.

The 'Harley' color package on a Mustang looks like a sharp and unique combination. Can't wait to see it done.

To nail the orange color you might find that straight Tremclad/Rustoleum orange is a bit orangey or light.

You might end up getting into a bit of a custom color mixing to land on the exact color that will best flatter the Mustang's side profile.

Since orange is simply yellow mixed with red... you might try a little bit of color experimenting to nail it down.

For example... take a can of Tremclad/Rustoleum orange and create a color palette on some white card board ( lay down ten or so dots of the orange on the white card board ). Then take a small can of Tremclad Fire Red or Regal Red and add a drop or two to the orange and smooosh them together to see what color they create when blended. The red would be used in small amounts to the orange as a tinting agent.

I am not sure how the black Tremclad/Rustoleum would blend with the orange. From my own experiements using the black as a tinting agent with the Fire Red, it resulted in a pottery brownish color ( rather than the dark blackish cherry red that I was hoping black and fire red would create when blended ).

So I suspect that by using the fire red or regal red with the orange should give you the Harley orangish color.