Quote:

Two tone paint job? The original coat on my '72 Satellite is blue/light grey, and a thin chrome moulding piece to separate them. A few of the guys have managed to pull this off and I'm pretty stoked about giving it a shot. Question, tho...when you did yours, you taped off half and rolled the other half. The one guy who had the problem with his truck...I didn't see if he had prepped with primer first; I believe I can avoid the "paint peel" problem with a good, sanded smooth primer coat. I also plan to do the bottom half first, and then work on the top half. Thoughts? Opinions?

yes...I suggest doing the top first. when wet sanding and such the water and sanded off paint will run down over the part you already painted and if you don't get it off right away it can be a pain to get off of there and you don't wnat to ruin what you have already painted. on my sidecar i did the top and then was going to clean the bottom and spray krylon fusion on that(it is textured like bedliner so no rolling)....it was a huge pain tying to get the dried wetsanded paint off. I eventualy painted over a lot of it. good thing fusion sticks well!! anyway jsut a thought!!

BTW the guy with the white fender a few posts back....get that off your wheel and tire ASAP!!