I just finished painting the second coat. I made smaller batches and used a little more brushing liquid, though the first batch was a bit too thin. Live and learn.
Actually, I think my problems were multi-faceted. One, I wasn't being quick or aggressive enough with the brush when hitting the bubbles. If I work it more, I can get things levelled out pretty well before it starts to set. I'm getting some really smooth surfaces now. I also did it in the garage this time to avoid getting so much dirt in the paint. It helps, some. The fumes are pretty brutal though, and I still have to work with a door open so I'm not sure how much I'm gaining there.
Due to my work schedule I've been doing this in the middle of the day, but you have a good point with the temperature. However, it's also potentially more humid early in the day from overnight, so I'm not sure it will make much difference? I may be willing to try an early morning hit on the last coat. Unless it really cools off in the evening, I'm afraid I'll get moths and bugs in the shop with the door open.
With the 2nd coat, it's looking really good. My only issue now is excessive buildup on the edges of the doors where the roller overlaps. I'll have to try opening the doors and being a bet more conservative at the ends. I'll probably just wet sand a few of the flaws this time and not the whole job.
Tip: don't try sticking your tack cloth back in the wrapper while holding it over your freshly painted surface.