Joeshmo, I got the gun dialed in thank you.

My steps were to prime those areas that were bare metal. The car originally had 4 (four) layers of primer plus the base. It wasn't clear coated from the factory so in accordance from Interlux, I shot directly onto the cars original paint which I had gone over with a scotch pad and or 320 grit paper. Where I had the primer I also sanded..

The procedure was:
scuff original paint and primer (using a block)
(Friday)apply paint
allow to dry 12-18 hours
(Saturday)wet sand 800 grit
second coat
allow to dry
(Sunday) wet sand 800 grit
third coat
allow to dry (again, 12-18 hours)
(Monday)wet sand 1200 grit
fourth coat. Leave alone for 48 hours in nice warm garage.

I'll wait a few weeks to wet sand 2000-2500 and give it a final buffing.

The main reason I didn't do the catalyzed paint is my concern over painting directly over the existing paint and using special primers. The gallon of interlux, solvent and 2 cans of primer came to less than a single gallon of the catalyzed paint not including what ever specific hardeners and primers it might have required, at least according to the pricing over at The Eastwood Company . Plus I don't have access to a respirator or anything else like that.

At the moment I'm just starting to re-assemble the car. The trunk went back on last night. Just handling the paint it still feels like it's not quite set even though I did the final coat this past Monday (today is Thursday)