Quote:

Quote:

Wow.... just.... wow. I've spent the last month or so reading the entire thread, front to back... all 200 or so pages over 3 threads. Plus the Hot Rod Article, the rollyourcar.com page, the corvair page, etc.

Dude - I love those cars. Do a pic with the hood flipped open. That front hinge on the hood is really cool. Most people don't know about that.

If you've read all 3 threads, and the hot rod article, you should be good to go. Good luck with your rolling!!!

BTW - I suggest that anyone that attempts this process take the time to read all the threads. It takes a long time, but it'll save you a lot of headaches in the long run. The most commonly asked questions have been already answered.

Having said that, this is a unique experience for everyone, based on their specific car and conditions. So ask on.

If I was a jerk (don't ask my wife that question) I would propose a thread that would be a compilation of the stupidest questions one could possibly ask.

#1) Should I use 50 grit?

I agree that this entire thread is worth reading. Granted a lot of people keep asking the same questions over and over:

-Can I use a clearcoat?
-Why am I getting bubbles?
-What is the "roll and tip" method?
-Can I use metal flakes?
-How much do I thin X color of paint?

etc etc. Most of that was covered in the first thread, methinks.

Thanks for the props on my T Theres a website for 'em actually... http://www.lesabret.com if you want to check out some more pictures or info. They're neat cars and nobody seems to know what they are anymore. I'm about to pick up a second one here in a couple weeks as a project car too.

The flip-forward hood has brought me much joy in confusing younger mechanics when the hood doesn' open like "normal" and basically anybody when I flip the hood open at the gas station. Its also a heck of a lot easier to work on the car that way too.

Anyway, here are more pictures, as requested

Heres a couple of when I was working on it this summer

And random shots:

I have a flowmaster

Last edited by Alibi; 01/25/08 11:58 AM.