Quote:

I was looking at some other projects with people using brightside and notice there was some guys who had orange peel. I thought BS did not to be thinned? Or is it because they soaked the roller and did not roll out the excess paint?

All paints have the ability to orange peel if their application is not timed correctly etc.

As noted before... but always worth mentioning, orange peel happens when a coat of paint is applied over a previous paint that has not fully cured.

The drawing I have always tried to use to explain the orange peel phenomena is this :

When the paint is 'curing' you have the sublayer, uncured paint layer and the more quickly curing outer skin :

------------------- outer skin
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX uncured paint layer
___________________ sublayer being painted on

So if you look at the above picture the outer skin could have the appearance of being cured and that the paint job has hardened suitably enough to add another coat of paint. BUT as noted in the picture, if you paint it toooooo soon, before that uncured paint layer fully cures, you basically have a :
--------- hard surface sitting on
XXXXXXXXX a soft uncured surface... which is on
_________ a hard sublayer surface.

So think of a banana peel on the ground. If you step on the hard outer skin of the banana, the odds are that the soft inner layer of the banana is going to slip and move against the hard sublayer ( the ground ).

Sooo... if you add a coat of paint to this setup, the fresh coat of paint will soften the previous cured outer skin that it is painted on. BUT at the same time the new outer skin of the new painted layer will begin curing and tightening up. BUT now the two soft lower layers, with the slightly cured previous outer layer will start to move and shift as the new outer layer hardens up.

So the lower trapped previously outer skin will heap and rise like a paved road in the spring. This heaving will cause the orange peel effect to form. THEN as the new outer skin fully hardens, the heaving will all be frozen in the last position they were at while undulating.

Gawd... I wonder if anyone can actually follow that attempt to technically explain how orange peel can happen with any paint IF you add another coat before the previous coat ( and not just its outer skin ) is fully cured.