Hello folks:

I've been reading this great set of threads for a while now, and hopefully this is some decent advice for Aussie:

Orange peel means the paint is drying before it has a chance to fully level, either too thick in one layer (trying to cover too much at once) or the temperature is too hot for your thinning ratio=Paint/spirits.

I've painted cars over the years and talked to lots of car painters. They all hate reds because the paint is "thin" and doesn't cover until there are lots of coats. If these are spray painters saying this, maybe it applies here too.

Thinner coats and more of them. Through the whole history of this discussion there are people who paint red and are not satisfied and those who turned out nicely.

The good ones always said 8-10 coats is what it took for reds.Probably is what you need.

LESS PAINT per layer , Forget complete covering for now, and more total coats. Just try to get level coats with each pass I would say---not having tried this yet myself. If you get enough thin coats on there you WILL have coverage.

Best of Luck

Mike