I used to kinda be that way too. If it wasn't a Chevelle, it was junk. I understand that, and also expected to see it sooner or later. Now I want at least one of everything and will go to any kind of car show and drool.
The reason I went ahead and began rolling the car is because I didn't want to spend a ton of money to have it painted and then hate the color. I know myself, and if I got it home and didn't like it, I would probably go out in the garage at 2am and start sanding because I wouldn't be able to stand it.
I've had the car since I was 17 (1985) and will give it to one of my kids one of these days. Resale value is of no interest, but part of me thinks that since it is an original big block car, and the #'s match, I should put it back to like new condition. Part of me wants to put it back like it was when I bought it and fell in love with it to "yet another black one", and there are a lot of them. Also, I have never personally seen another Dover White/Parchment one. Very few people I've talked to have.
I am incredibly surprized at how well the roller paint job can turn out and REALLY appreciate the information here and owe the man with the orange 69 Charger a big thanks for getting it all started.