Quote:

I am using Brightside, so YMMV.
It takes me about an hour to an hour and a half to do half my car (this is because I'm doing 2 tone). The application process isn't that bad, because you have to work pretty quickly and constantly with the roller/brush method. I can basically do it in an evening with no trouble. Sanding between coats probably takes the same amount of time, depending on how much you need to do. So I sand, then wash the car and let it dry as long as possible to it gets out of the crevices. Maybe do that in the AM. After lunch, paint the car. Let it dry 24 hours, then repeat. Depending on the paint and methods used, you may not have to sand between every coat, so 8 days really shouldn't be a problem. This, of course, depends on how much prep work you have to do prior in dent/rust repairs or removing dead clearcoat. Sanding the entire car with a DA and removing the clear from the top surfaces, masking, removing trim parts, etc was probably 2-3 evenings of work. Then I spent another week of evenings fixing dents and stuff and trying to get things as straight as possible. THAT is the time consuming part, and depends on your level of perfectionism as to how nice you want the car to look. This is the part you should spend the most time on for the best results. I find the paint application process much easier.
If you use Brightside, the extreme gloss will amplify every flaw in the body. Panels I thought were straight, aren't. In my case, it's just a road race car and will probably get dented up anyway, but for a street car I can't emphasize the bodywork stage enough if you're going to be particular and want it to look like, say ChargerYeehaw's car.

Thanks alot man, that really helped

I'm just wondering, Don't you have to wait 24 hours for the paint to dry before you wet sand?