Quote:

Yup! Whole deck lid done with a brush. The biggest differences I found were: with pressure, the brush didn't produce the bubbles, and 2nd, the brush didn't require any pressure vs the roller to get an evenly spread coat.

Could be I just don't have the roller technique down, but I am definitely sticking with the brush.

This is the one I used:

Well... heed my advice about watching out for those foam brushes to start disintegrating after prolonged contact with paint reduced with mineral spirits or 333 thinner.

Underneath the foam is a small sheet of plastic, which is attached to the wooden shaft. The foam is enveloped over the plastic sheet. The plastic sheet gives a 'bit' of rigidity to the foam brush.

The mineral spirit will first separate the glue that holds the foam to that piece of plastic. That is the first hint that the foam brush is nearing the end of its life.

The next sign will be when you start noticing strange unexplainable black 'stuff' in your paint. That will be when the foam itself is starting to disintegrate.

Switch to a new brush at that point