OK - did a test fender over the weekend.

I was hitting some of the nooks and crannies with a spray bomb, and it became real clear to me how much effort would be required to get a nice quality finish rolling gloss over the whole car. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist, but I think I would end up spending the rest of the summer rolling, sanding, polishing, over and over.

Aussie's car looks great, but I probably have at least twice the surface area to deal with on my Charger.

So I'm going Satin, at least for now. I used Rustoleum, thinned about 25% (give or take) with 100% mineral spirits. It was pretty watery.

My first section was way too thick (I could no longer see the previous red color under the new black). And MAN it was running like crazy. I used a second clean roller to re-work the entire panel, spreading the heavy coat in the first area around the rest of the panel.

I think I'll back down on the thinner a bit for my next coat. Or, it sounds like the mixed paint in the can will thicken up a bit by the next time I get back to it.

Pics:

Before and After.