Quote:

Quote:

Im glad you guys brought up the subject of waxing. I myself have never waxed a car before. I always owned older daily drivers. When I was younger I went to apply at car detail joint and they handed me an orbital polisher and told me to polish a hood of some old Cadillac well needless to say, I didn't do too good. I mean I didn't damage the hood or anything, but just plain out didn't do it right.

I can find out how to wax a car on the internet, but id like to also get personal input from you guys. I hear a lot about poorboys products and would probably start using it. for some reason I think turtle wax rubbing compound will dull my projected mirror-like reflection

Picture was taken after 1000g sand down and hosed it down. this ISN'T after polishing.

I'm finished with my hood with 9 coats. yea 9 coats, I ran outta paint I finished it with a 1000g and when it came to wet sanding, I wondering even though I have lightly sanded the surface, there are tons of small shiny spots on the hood(sorry no pics) I want to go back and sand it to a dull surface, but im afraid ill hit back to the original surface. do i have to dull the hood? or can I go ahead and polish it?

dude what paint are you using to get that shine
after 1000g wet sanding

Thats regular rustoleum black.