Hey guys, I've been following this from the very beginning and just read through them again for a refresher. Im painting my '89 D150 longbed in gloss charcoal gray and gloss black accents. Was going to use satin black but I think the gloss will make for better durability and easier upkeep. Bed will be Rustoleum roll on bedliner. Im getting ready to by my supplies but have a couple of question areas that I don't remember seeing answered.

#1. After bodywork I want to start with a solid base. Can I use Rustoleums's flat white "clean metal primer" over everything including my prepped paint? Or should I get their black automotive primer. Both can be rolled on, but the automotive is $40 for a qt vs $8 for the clean metal. Is the Automotive worth the extra?

#2. When you use the tipping method, is your brush loaded with paint too? And when you glide over the paint is it just the weight of the brush, or even lighter than that?

#3. What is the preferred method for the underside of the hood? Im leaning towards the spray bomb.

thanks
roe

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG