Quote:

I was surprised at my paint yesterday the top surfaces were sort of oxidized so I went over it with some Poor Boys SR1 and foolwed by wax but the roof needed SR2 & SR1 followed by wax. looks okay now so I put the cover back on the truck its been sitting in the sun the last few months. I never did wet sand this truck and I've been giving that some thought for when it cools off plus I thought maybe redo the roof white

This is the same thing that I experienced this spring. It looked more like a general watermark over the surface. So I just whipped out the Porter & Cable and gave it a quick waxing - and everything went back to normal.

Funny thing is that it only happened on the trunk and the hood - whereas the sides of the car did not require the re-waxing. So I don't know if it was the paint or the previous coat of pure carnuba wax that had hazed OR if it was the sun beating down on the wax / paint.

As your truck had a similar 'occurence' with the top surfaces being involved.. I am susspecting the sun and wax... and not the rain...

If it had been the paint... you would have expected the haze to appear on the top and side surfaces. But instead it only appeared on the top. So I don't know if it was the rain that had sat on the car during three wet weeks... or if it was the sun beating down on the top surface. But since it easily waxed away I won't lose too much sleep over it IF it happens again.

The paint job is now almost ONE YEAR old... and so one hazing in 12 months ain't too bad...

Last edited by Marq; 08/02/07 07:14 PM.