Quote:

I stopped by ace hardware today. Looked at the colors they had in rust stop. Asked the guy if he could color match a picture of a sublime charger I had. Said he couldnt do it cause that is automotive paint. Said he has no way of cross referencing between auto and stop rust brand. So I looked at the color swatches he had on other paint. I found one that was close but he said he couldn't do it. Something about needing a special base to mix it. I have given up on painting my car a sublime color. I think I am going to go with a standard premixed paint. I see they also sell them in spray cans which might make it easy to paint the hard stuff. Like hood hinges and such. I am now thinking maybe a blue or red. I may just buy a couple of spray cans of paint to get an idea on colors. Cause that international blue used to paint that tailgate looks darker in the color swatch than it does in the pictures. I might have to go through the previous threads and look at more colors also. I appreciate the help guys and happy painting.

When I asked, I didn't think about custom colors like that. I just wanted to see if they could mix colors other than white, black, red, blue and yellow. On the color chart I looked at, there was a really cool purple that I think I've settled on, with a flat black hood with gloss black racing stripes with subtle purple ghost flames airbrushed in. Looks awesome in my mind, hope it looks as good when it's finished.

I've been using the Rustoleum automotive spray primer to do my bodywork, as well as flat black spray paint for my grill and headlight surrounds, and Rustoleum "Hammered" black spray paint for my engine brackets to go on my chrysler orange 440. It would be nice to find a matching purple spray paint to paint the hard to reach areas like the door frames, but I will probably have to stick with a brush, or maybe my airbrush. I do have a small touchup gun, maybe that would work.

3960610-MyRam4.JPG (211 downloads)